iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leathermen

Started by horselogger50, January 09, 2013, 03:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krieger91

I don't know how many have said it but you can't go wrong with a Wave.  I've been carrying one for the better part of 10 years, and have never been dissapointed.  Especially the newer ones with interchangable driver bits.  It's an incredibly useful tool.  Also, all Leatherman's come with a lifetime warrantee, can't go wrong with that!

Offthebeatenpath

Like Phorester, I've had and lost a Victorinox with Nylon sheath and snap closure.  I bought another just as soon as I realized mine was never to return.  After using a number of different multi-tools, I don't think I'll buy anything but Victorinox.
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

Bobus2003

I have a Gerber.. Absolutly love it.

Dave VH

I've carried the same gerber for 6 or 7 years now, and use it everyday.  Ofcourse I'm on my 2nd holster
I cut it twice and it's still too short

SLawyer Dave

I've used both Gerbers and Victorinox, but I always return to the original Leatherman.  I think they are all quality tools, but the Leatherman knife keeps a better edge and for longer than any other knife I have ever bought.  The leather pouch also seems industructable.   I just used it today when I had a chain come off my Stihl.  The chain guides got dinged up, (they did not want to fit into the groove in the bar).  So the flat fold out file was a life saver, as it smoothed out the edges and dings that my round sharpening file was unable to do.  I think it is really a matter of what tool and options seems to fit your needs the best, so I would go into a cutlery/sporting store that has samples of at least these 3, and see which one you like the best in a head to head comparison.

simonmeridew

check out the 'Skeletool':   all stainless, blade opens one hand, contoured handles for the pliers, pocket clip instead of a case, cuts hard and soft wire. a little pricey
simonmeridew
Kubota L4400, Farmi 351

barbender

I love my wave, but I don't think the knife blades hold an edge at all. It is really soft steel in those blades.
Too many irons in the fire

OneWithWood

Just got my replacement Letherman tool from the company in the mail yesterday.  I am gald I came across this thread.  The pliers snapped off over a year ago and I just tossed the tool in the drawer and forgat about it.  I downloaded the warranty form from the Leatherman website, filled it out and sent it in.  No questions, no problems, they just sent me a replacement!  I have had the tool for close to ten years so I was surprised they even had one to replace it with. 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!