iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Does anyone know anything about this machine

Started by Ernie, July 06, 2005, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Hi to all you experts.

I found this for auction here in NZ and wondered if anyone has any ideas about its capabilities and usefullness

Thanks

here is the text

Early robby 4 head . was a 4x2 been converted to 6x2" . Has extractor on the machine and easily moved by forklift . Could be used in the feild with a generator to dress straight of the mill . Has framing heads and TG and TGV and square heads for the sides . A very good little money earner . $80 HR doing framing .Have been running off a 15 amp 3 phase plug no probs .

Thanks guys
Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Timburr

Looks like it was last used by Noah to panel the Ark :D ;D :D

Are you buying it??

Tim
Sense is not common

Ernie

The auction closed with no bids, I think I'll let him try a few more times and then maybe take the4 hour drive over to the other coast and take a look.

I wonder what kind of wood Noah used for the panelling ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

sawmillsi

Hi Ernie,

One thing to check for, does it have square or round cutter heads. If it does it might cost a bit to have it converted to round heads (my modern) for cheaper and safer cutter blades.

I also think you might have a problem with your OSH people there because of the lack of guarding and safety features that newer machine have.

BUT, those old Robinson machines were ledgendary for their capacity to remove a lot of stock with no problems in green or dry timber.

I would pay no more than about 4-5 thousand, max!

Good luck

Simon

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Timburr on July 09, 2005, 08:25:04 AM
Looks like it was last used by Noah to panel the Ark

That was funny. Good thing I'm not sipping morning coffee :D :D

Ernie, ya need some Rust Reaper ??? ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don P

Gopher wood? Then again maybe thats what he was telling the boys...Go fer wood  ???

Ernie

Thanks Simon

I'll let him run the auction a few more times unless he gets some bids.  His start price is NZD 1500

Thank You Sponsors!