introducing the Buck arch

Started by Tam-i-am, January 21, 2010, 03:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

New this year is the Buck Arch.  This arch is like Junior's big brother.  Perfect for portable sawyers because it can move bigger logs than Junior can and with the all the ease of the Junior.

The Buck can move 22" diameter, 16 ft log weighing up to 1800 pounds.  It will be sold in two different configurations.  If you want to use the arch by hand, it will come with a newly designed  5 foot ergonomic handle so there isn't so much leaning or bending over.  It also features adjustable tongs to make that toggling over the log easier to manage, especially on those smaller diameter logs.

If you choose to use the Buck as a forwarding arch behind an ATV or small tractor, the tow package will come with a drop tongue complete with a 2300 lb, 2 speed winch with 25' of cable.

The Buck arch also has a chain adapter which replaces the tongs.  This is great for moving pipes or beams that you can't or don't want to set tongs into.

Here is a link to the Buck on our website for more details. http://www.logrite.com/buckarch.html
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

sprucebunny

I love the new features, particularly the chain grab option.

Is the new style handle aluminum ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Kevin

A set of snow skis with a box that the tire could sit in and secured with a cinch strap would be a huge benefit for that unit.
You could use it year round, deep woods or hard pack.
I like it!

DR_Buck

Just when I thought I had enough Logrite stuff.   ;)

and,  because I've been such a good customer they named the new arch after me.  ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jasperfield

Alright!

Few things are as exciting as useful new products. They are what make the dollar trickle down.

Congratulations.

Tom Sawyer

DanG!  Another thing to put on my want must-have list ;D

Log-ic

Hi, do you know by incidence the RAL-code of the paint used by Logrite?   
Thx !
Pezzolato HD8 40HP diesel (2" bands) and Pezzolato MP-800 40HP Deutz diesel (4" bands)
Avant 635TDL articulated loader with various attachments
Loroch JLM-V sharpener, manual saw setting pliers
Vollmer VWM planing bench and rolling machine
Husqvarna chainsaws...

Tam-i-am

Sorry it is a custom color.

The Rustoleum Safety Blue paint is a close match.

Log-ic

Thanks for the swift reply!  I used RAL 5012 whis is also very close.  I did a small modif on my buck so that I can assemble the 2 peaces more easily, and also added a handle for moving around with more ease..
Pezzolato HD8 40HP diesel (2" bands) and Pezzolato MP-800 40HP Deutz diesel (4" bands)
Husqvarna chainsaws...

Tam-i-am

Can you post pics?  I'd love to see it.

Tammy

Log-ic

Apparently posting pics in the forum doesn't works very well for me..  But if you go to my photo gallery you will find pic DSC03128 where you can see the modifs.  It is just an L-shaped "skid plate" under the support of the pole which prevents the pole to tilt left or right when assembling the two pieces together.  It's a bit heavy to handle if you are alone otherwise.  The other thing is simply a grab handle welded on the pole for strolling around with the arch for picking onto the towing vehicle.  It's a real back-saver!  For the rest I am very happy with it and I impressed already a lot of people with it.  Hopefully it wil help boosting Wouter's (Vartago) business and yours too! 

Raoul
Husqvarna chainsaws...

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Tam-i-am

Raoul

On the prototype we had a similar bar/handle but found that it got in the way of the operator.  Kevin didn't like it poking into his side. :D

Thanks for the pic.  And Dan's help.

Freedom6178

That arch looks great .. I was just wondering instead of a bar going crosswise why not a HD door type handle mounted on top of the bar for a back saver ??
------Freedom6178------

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
George S. Patton

'12 Mustang, '03 F-250 SD 4x4, Stihl Farm Boss 18"bar, '09 Arctic Cat 550 TRV EFI

DR_Buck

Congratulations Kevin and Tammy on the feature article about the 'Buck" (I like that name) arch in this months Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine.
  smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught