Logrite gets a new toy (I mean machine)

Started by Tam-i-am, March 15, 2017, 07:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

Amazing what happens when you use the correct lead in and lead out :)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John Mc

Quote from: Tamiam on June 20, 2017, 03:17:27 PM
I have a guy who wants to lay them on his gravel driveway to help keep stones in place.  Not sure that's going to work.

Hmmm... it just might make a good erosion control device - as long as you can keep the water from digging under the outside edge
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

bucknwfl

It could be the next camo pattern, part of a new table /  leg design.  Hmmm

Thanks

Buck
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

DeerMeadowFarm

I know off-road DIY-ers are always buying gussets, tow hook mounts, etc. for their projects. Seems like you could cut dozens out of the areas between the hooks. Tons of them on e-bay:

PLEASE READ POSTING RULES! EBAY AND CRAIGSLIST LINKS NOT ALLOWED!!
How thick is the material?

Tam-i-am

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

moosehunter

It would make a cool fence /gate at the end of the Logrite driveway.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: Tamiam on June 23, 2017, 03:22:59 PM
DeerMeadowFarm

3/8"

I'd make a bunch of gussets, cylinder mounts, Chain key-hole slots etc. and sell them to DIY's. Just Google those or look on e-bay for the links I'm not allowed to post. If the machine is running anyway why not cuts stuff out of the scrap to sell?

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on June 26, 2017, 11:04:37 AM
Quote from: Tamiam on June 23, 2017, 03:22:59 PM
DeerMeadowFarm

3/8"

I'd make a bunch of gussets, cylinder mounts, Chain key-hole slots etc. and sell them to DIY's. Just Google those or look on e-bay for the links I'm not allowed to post. If the machine is running anyway why not cuts stuff out of the scrap to sell?
If you made keyhole plates with Logrite logos on them, I'd buy some! :)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Tam-i-am

I think the material is too thick for keyhole plates but thanks for the suggestion.

If you just want my logo we have nice wall mount bottle openers.  :D :D :D :D
https://logrite.com/store/Item/bottle-opener

AnthonyW

Quote from: Tamiam on July 07, 2017, 10:22:07 AM
I think the material is too thick for keyhole plates but thanks for the suggestion.

I was expecting the bottle opener to look like a cant hook. Nice Logrite logo on them, though.
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

Tam-i-am

Raider Bill

Quote from: Tamiam on July 07, 2017, 10:22:07 AM

I have been unable to wear my LogRite bottle opener out but I keep trying.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

mike_belben

Just FYI, smith and wesson in spfld does outside forging and die sinking, heat treat, plating, black oxide and maybe powder coating. Possibly also wire edm and cnc work for outsiders.  I was there a decade and my father and brother still are so if you have any interest in contacts there just hollar and i can get names and numbers.  

From other shops in springfield i also know independant die shop, 2 cnc shops, a cutter grinder and one water jet/knife sharpening shop.  Got another buddy at hypertherm if its of any help.  

Those scraps between your nested parts are absolutely perfect for the thing weve been talking about.  Or cut out stars and half moons etc to make windchimes and such.  Put up random artsy shapes on etsy and they will sell to the craft crowd. 

The leftover sheets should get painted and sold for industrial art, think andy warhol soup prints.  Charles Brush at indian orchard mills is the first guy who comes to mind for finding someone.  His 500,000SF mill is half machinists, half artists/photographers and a few art deco/industrial/furniture resto folks. He is the northeast epicenter of manufacturing meets art.  34-40 front street in springfield (indian orchard) mass.  Its where my shop was. 
Praise The Lord