iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for advice re tractor or skid steer mounted concrete mixers

Started by scsmith42, April 02, 2006, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

I have a lot of concrete projects to do on the farm, and it's not always practical to bring a redimix truck out for a few yard project.

I have an "80 gallon" mixer that mounts to a 3 point hitch, but in reality you can only mix about 1/15 yard in it at a time because the "80 gallon" number is the complete tub size - not the amount of space available for mixing.  I'd sure like to mix up larger amounts though.

Does anybody know of the manufacturer or availability of a 3 point mounted mixer that will mix 3/4 to a full yard of concrete at a time?  Even better would be a mixer that was hydraulically driven that had a universal skid steer mount to it - that way I could  mount it on my loader and be more versatile with respect to concrete placement.

All thoughts and ideas are welcome.  Thanks.  Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Lud

I've got the same one as you.  It's great for the small to medium job gets tiring on the bigger job, right?

Going back to the sand and gravel piles , cement,  and progressively build the recipe and drive it over to the job  to splice it into the previous pour gets to be a lot of work solo.

If you got plenty of strong, motivated, intelligent help ,  you could do a lot more with the equipment you have.  Now there's a true statement!

If I pour the slab I want for my mill this summer,  I believe I'll have it delivered!  8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

moosehunter

I saw one on a "Unimog" truck once that had to be 5 feet in diameter, 3 feet deep. The "Unimog" had PTO and Three point lifts front and back!. Pretty cool set-up.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

jimbo

try going to bobcat.com that have them to fit bobcats  1/5 yeard .   most any thing you can think of to fit them things

jimbo

beenthere

I suspect the weight of concrete and water mix out on a 3pt hitch would limit the size (volume) of a mixer to what are available. Be a pretty big outfit to mix a ½ yard, IMO.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Brad_S.

Here's a link to the site jimbo mentioned. http://www.bobcat.com/products/att/cmixer.html
There is a video of it in action. To use it with a Bobcat brand though, you must have the BICS attachment system on your machine.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

scsmith42

UPDATE!

All - thanks for the feedback.  I found a pretty interesting 1/3 yard mixer; it uses the universal skid steer mount so it will go onto my tractor's loader, but you don't have to shovel in the sand and rock!  Instead, you pull up to your piles and use the mixer as a bucket and scoop in the heavy stuff  (and my back really looks forward to that part!)

Probably would be best to take the loader and premix a pile of sand and rock, so that I wouldn't have to worry about the ratio's with each batch.  Looks like the only heavy lifting that I'll need to do is to add a couple of bags of portland cement to each batch; this should give me 4000 psi concrete.

Here is a link to the mixer:  http://www.monolithic.com/gallery/equipment/integrator/index.html

I like this concept better than the Bobcat version because 1) I don't have to hand load the rock and sand, and 2) it holds more concrete.  Also, as beenthere states I would be limited by a 3 point hitch model; by going the loader route I can use a bigger mixer and also have more versatility when it comes to placing the concrete.

I was able to score a used one from a guy in Florida that bought it new last year to rebuild his house after the hurricanes; am headed down next week to pick it up.

1/3 yard is probably about the right size for my tractor.  I routinely pick up 3000 lbs with the loader, and I should be in the 2000 - 2,500lb range with this mixer - with a load of concrete in it.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!