iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

for those that have a pond,...

Started by moosehunter, August 24, 2018, 08:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

Corley, I agree. I have dropped the zero turn into the pond a few times :) Good thing it bottoms out before it gets to deep.

Southside

Gives new meaning to the term "splash the zero"
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

bwstout

yep done the same thing seem like when I get near the pond all 4 wheels feel like they are on ice and next thing I know seating in the seat with water up to my knees. :D

this is my brother lawn more told him I was trying to load it in the boat to go to the other side ;D got it out did not get water in the engine has sealed pump so all was good just looks bad. Old men and new toys don't mix sometimes.
home built mill

Crusarius

I finally put ATV knobby tires on it and have not had that problem since :) The stupid grass turf tires were just like driving on ice.

DFILER2

samandothers

Al_Smith

In a former life with a former wife I had a half acre surface area pond I dug with a 1943 D4 cat .The inside banks were on a four or five to one slope .As such I had a 6 feet wide flail that if I was careful I could get right to the waters edge .I did on several occasions manage to get the front tire of the tractor a little too close and stick it .Only once did I have to get the dozer to retrieve the tractor .

DMcCoy

The grass banks I mow as close as I dare with a riding mower.  The trim I do with a scythe.  The weeds in the water I also did with a crappy but sharp scythe and a pair of fishing waders.  The cat tails were growing in heavy and we had a Muskrat move in.  That thing ate 98% of the cat tails and all but a couple of he skunk cabbage.  I can put up with it's little nest and tunnels in our little island for all the weed control help.
It has an over flow called a glory hole, a vertical open pipe.  Acts like a pool skimmer and really helps(!)

Thank You Sponsors!