iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Life on The Farm

Started by Norm, September 27, 2008, 11:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Seems I've been spending toooo much time with politics on my mind, so here's something that I enjoy much more. Visits from my next door neighbors.

I'm not sure who enjoys these road trips more, my son or my grandson.

Checking the latest arrivals to the farm. Seven black and chocolate lab puppies.

The little guys are 4 weeks old and really getting some personality.

What election.........

Warbird

Thanks for sharing, Norm.  Nice tractor, too.  :)

CHARLIE

It's always a pleasure to get visits from the grandchilluns.  8)  Those are some sweet lookin' Chocolate Labs.  They remind me of my lab when we brought her home in April 1995. She was a fine duck dog and is one of the family. She's old now and mostly sleeps but tries hard to keep up with us. Labs sure do make fine family members. :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

WildDog

Life on the farm definately beats Politics, :) nice pups, is one of them earmarked for the littleun ;)
Our female lab is 14mths, hope to breed her next winter.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

crtreedude

I agree Norm, life in the campo (countryside in English) sure beats politics anyday.

I have a family goind amedias (they take care of garden with me, but I help with advice, some labor, seeds, fertilizer,etc. - and I give them free pasture for milk and cheese) and I am having a lot of fun in the garden, and just messing around.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Cedarman

Went to OWW's woodland tour yesterday morning and then the IU-MSU football game.  Got to visit with OWW and Pigman for a while, but not long enough. Went to the game because  my electric company gave me free tickets and a buffet meal.  Didn't really care who one, but one of the best games I have been to.

I can't imagine being a kid and living in a suburb.  Not having done it, I might be surprised.  But why do so many people want to live in the country?

Nice puppies!

What politics?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Faron

Norm, having grandkids is great, and having them nearby is twice as good. 8)  Here is a sample of what is in your future. 8) 8)

We only had about a half hour to fish yesterday evening.  The grandson on my left caught his bluegill first, and was making things rough on his cousin, who hadn't got a nibble.  About dark, the other hooked that catfish, and instantly became a master fisherman. :D  I doubt they enjoy it more than I. ;D  Grandpa is getting pressure to go back today. :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Norm

What a great picture, hard to tell who's the happiest but I think the guy in the middle is probably the one. :)

Ayden is just learning to walk so his Mom Jen had him out in the yard practicing. He was making a bee line for the tractor parked down by the office and not even a dozen fall downs was going to detour him.

His first word, not mom, not dad, tractor. ;D

Roxie

Faron, those are some handsome boys!  Nice catch!   :)

Ah, yes, Norm....nothing beats the combination of grandkids, puppies and tractors.  8)

Say when

OneWithWood

Great post, Norm.

I was lucky enough to spend all of last week working in the woods and playing with my new tractor.  Life is good.

Politics?  It is what it is and that's all there is to that.  Breathing the air and working the land is the best thing going by far  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Raider Bill

My stress level climbs everytime I have to leave Tenn. and come back here to the concrete jungle. Sirens, crowds, traffic, cable tv, noise, jerks, gangbangers, etc etc etc....................... >:(

When in Tenn on my hill there are no sirens or  people, I use rabbit ears for my 2.5 tv stations. We maybe get 10 cars a day on the county road. It is completely relaxing.

Instead of sitting in front of the tv at night I either find something to do on the house, take a walk in the woods or sit outside and watch the stars. Sometimes the local farmer either comes up for a sit or I go down to his place.
Life is very simple there.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tom

Visiting is becoming a lost art.  One should practice it every chance he gets.  :)

J_T

Raider Bill we gitting way to many cars by here up to 15or 20  ::) Been wanting to get a place away from it all but the wife don't want to move :D :D
Jim Holloway

Raider Bill

I've got a traffic light I picked up out of the road after one of our hurricanes a few years ago. If traffic gets any worse say 15 cars a day I'm going to have to install it ;D

crtreedude

We would have a lot less traffic if we didn't have so many employees. Since the vehicle of choice is a motorcycle, it looks like a hangout of a motorcycle gang during work hours...  :D

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Ianab

Along the same lines.

I'm not living on a farm any more, but we have a local privately owned 'wildlife' park thats great to visit. Sure you can go to one of the big zoos, but you dont get to touch the animals like the small local place.

We went for a vist today with Lara.

One of the Lamas

You cant walk in with the Emus, but the pig comes up for a back scratch.

This pig is in the 'tame' paddock though. Lara wasn't quite sure to make of it.

But the Goat was OK

The possum house was good, you can go in and pet them. It's an Aussie bushtail possum, very soft and furry.

Likewise the cows are pretty quiet. Not sure of this ones breeding or age.. but I'm guessing Hererford X Jersey and rather elderly.

The deer gate is locked, dont want them running every place.

There was even a Yak

The cow came back

The bush walk has some interesting trees  ;) How many Bd/ft in this Rimu?

A couple of Highland cattle calves.

And finally Lara's favourite, a rabbit  ;D

Anyway that was our afternoon.  :)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

sgtmaconga

Here is my life on the farm. wife!!!!!!

horses 

then we have the dogs.
Measure twice cut once

sgtmaconga

sorry here are the dogs and cats. 

i forgot one of the kids from next door who follows my wife like a puppy 

Measure twice cut once

thecfarm

One of my friend's brings over his grand children.We only have ducks,geese and chickens,but they have a ball here.
Here's a picture of my Grandson Hunter feeding the bear at a wild life park only a few miles from my house.

We walked up to where the bears was and there was one sleeping.As soon as we put the money into the machine for grain and turned the handle,the bear got up and flopped down in front of the tube waiting for the grain to come down.

This is the owner feeding one of his tigers.He put on quite the show.

He talked about how they hunted and lived in the wild.Very interesting.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Quote from: sgtmaconga on October 01, 2008, 02:39:17 PM
sorry here are the dogs and cats. 

[img width=384 height=256]

Sarge, nice looking shepard! Did you work K-9 on the PD?

Norm

We have our office kitty living on the farm now. She sure likes the outdoors life and when Ayden showed up for a visit she took a real shine to him. I think the feeling was mutual. :)

Roxie

Say when

Tom

That's a great picture, Norm  Don't lose it.  It should be printed and hung on a wall in the house.  One day, there will be a lot of family members that will want it.

Thank You Sponsors!