iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dead Deer

Started by Autocar, November 15, 2014, 12:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Starting on Monday a friend of mine said he went out the back door of his shop and there was a 12 point deer with a broken back . He called the sheriff and he shot it then in the afternoon took a ride on his golf cart back to the woods and found a 8 point dead in the lane with three broken legs. Then on Tuesday I found one where I was logging talked to a neighbor and he found a buck while shelling corn then this morning talked to another farmer that found a buck while shelling . Almost pulled it into the combine but got stopped and reversed the machine and back out. Between cars and bad shots by bow hunters the poor deer don't seem to have a chance  ::).
Bill

fishpharmer

What did your friend think caused the broken back 12 point?  Car collision?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

beenthere

Four bucks dead, but none of them were mentioned to have an arrow wound.

Expect you are still overrun with deer tho. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red oaks lumber

if you need your herd reduced call the wisconsin dnr :) we dont have numbers at all.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Autocar

I suppose the first two were car collision's and the rest were out in section's away from heavy traveled roads, but still could of been collision's.
Bill

Chuck White

I seem to remember hearing of one incident where (with pics) a nice buck was into the intake of a combine and it was disproved, photo shopped, etc.

A real hoax!

Lots of deer stories are "made up"!

Now I'm not saying yours are, just sometimes stories will "ring a bell"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

Chuck, 2 years ago we had a bad drought and some disease that really effected the bucks, I personally found 4 dead ones with the combine in an 80 acre bean field 2 were really nice, trust me though it would be REAL easy to run one into a machine  ;).  I've also plugged the crimper on my windrower with a hen turkey that didn't want to leave her nest, wasn't much fun cleaning that out, fawns can be bad for laying still too  :-\.

thurlow

RE:  COMBINES AND ANIMALS
Back in the early 80s, my brother-in-law was running late in harvesting his soybeans;  I got through and went to help him;  I was running a "F" and he was running a "715".  Back then, we had a LOT of cottontail rabbits;  I was running along behind him when 'something' came out of the back of his machine.  It was a full-grown rabbit and was missing a little hair, but ran off.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :D
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Thank You Sponsors!