iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Issues resolved with new mill

Started by tobryant1, January 29, 2018, 11:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tobryant1

Damage caused during shipping is being resolved by the dealership.  They bent over backwards and picked up the mill at my place, again I do not blame the dealership nor Woodmizer for any issues with this mill.  Can't wait to start sawing soon.
Tennessee is the place for me

Massey Ferguson 2705e
Woodmizer LT15 go Diesel (sold)
Timberking 1400 Diesel
Timberking 2000 Diesel
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with 5.9 Cummins

Ianab

I'd start by talking to your dealer / Woodmizer direct again now you have discovered more damage.

Personally I'd favour sending it back and asking for it to be fixed or replaced. You have to at least give WM the opportunity to make it right. Because the whole carriage and saw-head appears bent, I'd be asking for the whole carriage assembly to be swapped out, and the other parts checked and re-aligned. Most manufacturers are pretty good about "delivered faulty" repairs, as it can happen to any mill. Someone in the freight depot could run over your new TK just as easily as they did with that WM.  ::) >:(

I understand your frustration when you get your new toy, and it's broken right out of the box. But doo-doo happens. What makes Woodmizer a good company to work with is they do their best to fix this sort of problem when it does eventually occur.  But you have to work with them to get it sorted.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Brad_S.

I would settle for nothing less than a new, completely different mill myself. Disclaimer: I am not a woodmizer fan. But I keep hearing about how wonderful their service is. Let's see if that is so.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

starmac

Has woodmizer insinuated that you need to repair it yourself? If not, I know it is frustrating to be delayed, but I would think they will be more than happy to make it right.

Hopefully you took pictures of the damaged crate, when you picked it up. I know when I pick up a load, any damaged crate that is loaded on my truck I take a picture of it sitting in the yard I picked it up in, so they can't say I damaged it nor the receiving party.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Peter Drouin

Back years ago WM used to run the mill in their yard to be sure it cuts right and is ok. Now you have to put them together at home.
If it was me, I'd make a call to set up a time to get a new one already put together and ready to go.
Good luck
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

tobryant1

Dealership has worked hard to correct the issues, I know Woodmizer makes great products, I see it all over this forum and YouTube.  I in no way blame the dealership for damages caused by shipment.
Tennessee is the place for me

Massey Ferguson 2705e
Woodmizer LT15 go Diesel (sold)
Timberking 1400 Diesel
Timberking 2000 Diesel
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with 5.9 Cummins

ACman

I can understand being upset but give WM time to make it right. I have the LT-15 also and I love my machine and it cuts really good. Someone on a lift probably had it up a little high and hit the top of trailer or something similar. I would insist on a new unit because that is what you paid for and not a damaged and repaired unit. I would not do repairs myself either, I think there's to much damage, not that I don't think you could handle it you should not have to. And if you do repair and still have problems then what. When I bought mine I only went new because I knew nothing about mills and did not want to buy used and then make repairs and get discouraged if it did not cut right. And I have been working on heavy equipment all my adult life and have the skills set to completely over haul one. Only draw back I see is that long ride you got and are unfortunately gonna have to make at least once more. So keep your head up and try not to get discouraged & give WM a chance they are a great company and have great support for there products.
Wood Mizer LT-15

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

While your situation is indeed unfortunate and will/has caused you lost time and much frustration, your proper call is to WoodMizer.  Sadly that $380 ish saving has disappeared.  It not only was for assembly but also insurance that you had a "tested" sawmill.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

I understand and sympathize with your frustrations. I think I am with most of the others above - I'd take/ship it back and expect the dealer to replace it and let them deal with the transport company. I have only heard good things about this model and personal experience with WM has been great.

I would not blame WM for other people's damage. I'd feel same no matter who the company or what the equipment was.

Good luck on getting this resolved. There is sawdust at the end of the rainbow.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

Keep your chin up
Most every thing I buy for some strange luck has a few issues
Things have a way of working out
I don't own a WM but that model mill can't be beat for quality!
I feel confident things will work out
I love that little diesel
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Resonator

I would take the mill back to the dealer and let him fix it. That way you can state "dealer installed parts and inspected to work as it should" if you go to sell it down the road. Either that or ask what he has in stock ready to run, and trade it in. I have had very good experience with Wood-Mizer, they should make things right.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

GAB

I wrote somewhere on this forum that if I ever bought a new mill that I would not take possession of it until they could assure that they (WoodMizer personnel) had sawed at least 1000 bdft with it.  Now you know why. 
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

69bronco

Talk to your dealer, give him a chance to make it right. Let us know how it turns out.

Jeff

For the life of me, I can not figure out why in the world you would have proceeded to try and saw with a brand new mill that was damaged to that extent.  Never in a million years would I have taken another step once the damage was discovered. Something just doesn't feel right here. The Wood-Mizer I know would not have let you saw with it if the damage had been caused in shipment, that is, unless the shipment was entirely arranged by you.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

scully

I would be shocked if WM did not bend over backwards to correct all these issues right away . I would have cut the shrink wrap open before it ever got loaded and inspected it . But I can understand assuming everything was fine .  I have no doubt that this issue will be resolved to your satisfaction .
I bleed orange  .

Slingshot

I noticed in the first picture in tobryant1's other thread, taken from the rear
of the load, that there is a definite lean to the lift post. And I wonder why the
post was not covered with the black plastic wrap? Looks like the damage occurred
somewhere between the factory and his trailer. The dealer would be responsible
to inspect for shipping damage when he accepted it from the freight company.

Just my observations.

___________________-

millwright

Doesnt WM have a 30 day return policy, I think I remember that from when I bought mine. I had some problems with my LT 35 ( early production one) and they took care of everything .

dgdrls

From the first post I read the mill was off the delivry truck at 15:45 & on a trailer at 16:00, down the road at 16:30.   Appears all thought the mill was good to go.    tobryant1 IMHO make the calls and head back with the mill to WM.  I believe they will make it right,   

D

SawyerTed

Warranty claims take some time and I know it is disappointing to have the new investment damaged and unusable.  The OP needs to give the dealer and Woodmizer a chance to rectify the problem.  My personal approach would be to exercise the 30 day money back guarantee and give the dealer a chance to replace the mill.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Jeff

Something here seems not quite right. I guess my problem of having a very inquisitive and observant nature.

Peter Drouin

One thing for sure, The guys at WM would not let the mill go if they saw something wrong with it.

They will make it good with you.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

PA_Walnut

It's certainly understandable that you have/had the fever to get sawing...after all, we ALL know that feeling. (who own saws).
However, should have made a call to WoodMizer support right away. They are always very responsive and anxious to get sawyers running again.

Certainly, it would appear a new saw is in order for you. Definitely would NOT run it any further, until resolution.

Good luck! You'll be buzzing along in NO time.   8)
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Beavertooth

If you cannot get satisfaction with your local dealer call main number in Indy 800 553 0182. I would ask for new mill shipped to my house and that one picked up. I would be greatly surprised if they did not bend over backwards to make it right.
2007 LT70 Remote Station 62hp cat.

Jeff

Y'all need to not so quickly assume that everything is always as proported to be. Something ain't right here, but we can all be assured that Wood-Mizer will do what is right as we all know they always do and that includes what is right for Wood-Mizer.

Thank You Sponsors!