iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill near Springfield, IL

Started by burtle, February 02, 2018, 08:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burtle

I have several logs I'd like milled. I'm located near Springfield, Illinois. I've done a search and made some calls. Seems like a lot of people have went out of business or sold their mills. I'd appreciate any advice. I have several black walnut logs 8-10' long and I have several Oak logs 8-10' long. I can bring them to the mill. No need for someone to travel to me.
Never Give Up

ToddsPoint

Neil Marshall is in Bethany, IL.  Maybe a little over an hour east of you.  He has a Wood Mizer and is still sawing I believe.  Send me a PM and I'll give you his phone number although I think he is in the phone book.  I would imagine there are mills closer to Springfield you just haven't located yet.  Gary
Logosol M7, Stihl 660 and 290, Kubota L3901.

wesdor

We drive to St  Louis frequently and there seem to be at least 2 sawmills in the Carlinville area. One right off the highway. Not sure about them and I don't think they are Forum members.
Looks like they are not that far from you - but not portable.

WV Sawmiller

Check under the Extras box above for FF member sawyers near you. If none there try the WM site and see if they have a Pro-Sawyer near you. If nothing there you might call the other sawmill sponsors on this site and see if they can give you a referral of sawmillers near you. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

rasman57

Sawitthere.Com          Pete is a member and I recommend him highly.   Good man with a nice WM.

Thank You Sponsors!