iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sales

Started by Bruno of NH, April 01, 2018, 11:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Friday afternoon and Saturday had my best sales ever at the mill.
Sold 15 red oak slabs 14 white pine slabs and lots of side lumber 8)
I'm getting closer to my goal of leaving the carpentry part time contract. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

samandothers

Good for you!  Hope you continue on your path to go full time.

DPatton

That's great, I hope your sales continue to improve. Do you sell firewood too?
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Bruno of NH

Yes I'm selling firewood and I'm going to do bundled camp wood / firewood 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations. Rub your lucky rabbits foot and spread the good fortune with the rest of us.

Do you have to kiln dry the campfire and fireplace wood? Hope it continues to go well for you.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

WV
I don't have a kiln yet
I want to build two one for lumber and one for firewood. 

Crossroads

Congratulations! I hope you reach your goals soon
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

thecfarm

That sounds good.   Mighty good!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

YellowHammer

You da man!  Would you post a picture or two of your slabs?  I'd like to see them!  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

dgdrls

Nice work Bruno, sounds' like your efforts are starting to pay dividends

D

Magicman

I love your persistence Bruno and I wish you the best toward reaching your sawing/lumber goal.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

YH
The slabs I have been selling.
White pine and red oak.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Can I borrow a dollar? Pay ya back next Friday.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawmilllawyer

8) 8) 8) Way to go !!! Persistence pays off. Good on you. Hope you obtain your goal of leaving the contract carpenter contract and get to where you want to be. Goals are dreams with deadlines and you are well on your way! 
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

WV Sawmiller

Bruno,

I see the shine on some of those slabs. Is that just water or do you have a finish on your slabs.

How much finish work do you do on your slabs? KD, air dry or green? Planing, sanding, staining, poly coat, etc? 

How do you determine your pricing? BF, individual character, species, extra finishing work, etc.?

I am glad it is working. Did you have a bunch of customers or did you have 1-2 who brought a big truck/trailer. Were they building contractors or private homeowners, hobby woodworkers, etc?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

Awesome news Bruno!!!  Keep driving ahead, I think things are really starting to pick up overall.  As far as letting that goat borrow any money - have you seen the photos of his billfold??  He should be the one making loans!!   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Bruno of NH

WV
The red oak logs where frozen and the frost was melting when I took the picture. 
I sell the slabs green.
I price them by size and quality but with a minimum bdft price.
I sold 13 to one customer from Mass.
The rest to home owners.
On Monday I sold 6 pine slabs to a customer from Cape Cod he says he will buy 100 a year. He rents them out for weddings .
Jim

Banjo picker

Very nice slabs there Bruno.  I am thinking about cutting a little wood to stock, but I just don't know if I want to deal with the public that much more or not.  No where to put any right now anyway.  I do have a 40 x 80 metal building laying out there waiting to be put up.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Bruno of NH

Mr Banjo
I like meeting the customers and showing them around the mill.
2 folks that stopped Saturday were from Brazil and are now US citizens. 
They own a granite countertop company.
It was very interesting talking with them.
They tipped my 3 helper $25 each for helping them load up.
What I like about the mill business is the customers buy it or they dont.
No hassle like in the contracting business. 
I set a price they like it or leave it.

Banjo picker

Do your customers make appointments or just show up.  Don't guess that would be a problem if you were there pretty much there all the time.  I do like meeting new people, but I am not ready to be tied down all the time.  Today is my first day at being retired you see.   ;) Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

samandothers

Banjo Picker
Congratulations on your retirement!  Now everyday is Saturday!

Bruno of NH

Mr Banjo
I like them to make appointments if they can
It's easier  that way.

Tin Horse

Quote from: Banjo picker on April 02, 2018, 08:57:57 AM
Do your customers make appointments or just show up.  Don't guess that would be a problem if you were there pretty much there all the time.  I do like meeting new people, but I am not ready to be tied down all the time.  Today is my first day at being retired you see.   ;) Banjo
Since retiring a couple of years ago I'm pretty much home all the time. I also go by appointments only. I find it's a change from work and not being around a lot of people anymore. What's good about now is you get to meet a lot of like minded people and new friends. As said they take it or leave it at set price. Some days it's quiet but by the end of the day I might have $100 or more in my pocket. Beats going out to work.
Congratulations on retiring but there's really no such thing. Just a change in a good way. 8)  
Bell 1000 Wood Processor. Enercraft 30HTL, Case 580SL. Kioti 7320.

Pjames

Congratulations on your retirement banjo picker from a another ms wontabe sawer 

Thank You Sponsors!