iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill & Woodlot

Started by jimparamedic, August 22, 2015, 06:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimparamedic

Maybe I missed it. But is Sawmill&Woodlot mag no longer in business. I have not been able to get on their site for like 2 weeks now. If anyone knows please let me know whats wrong.

sprucebunny

I got a new issue in the mail yesterday.

I never visit thier website... maybe try getting there by a means other than your bookmark ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Glenn1

I just received the August/September issue. 

Their email address is:
editor@sawmillmag.com
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

John Mc

was on their site a few days ago, trying to buy a back issue for download (I stopped when I realized it was not a secure site, so didn't want to put in my credit card info).

While I was on there was a note apologizing for the site's slow response times - they had been having problems.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

beenthere

Just clicked on their site, and it came up.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

It took close to one minute for it to load for me.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

moosehunter

S&W were at Booneville today pedaling subscriptions.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

jimparamedic

Ok thanks guys must just be my pc.

redbeard

Congrats to Tom the Sawyer on his featured article on his milling adventures!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Tom the Sawyer

Thanks Jeff, just got my copy Thursday 9/3. 
Pretty happy with the Dave Boyt's article.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

4x4American

Quote from: Tom the Sawyer on September 05, 2015, 08:51:07 AM
Thanks Jeff, just got my copy Thursday 9/3. 
Pretty happy with the Dave Boyt's article.

That was a good one, Tom!  What's that lead cord reel for on your mill?  I was meaning to ask you that.  Very smart idea!
Boy, back in my day..

Tom the Sawyer

Doug,

Thanks for the comment.  Although I have done a few modifications to my B-20, the cord reel on a B-20 was not my idea.  It has been a point of concern for B-20 owners for many years.  It is a 3 conductor connection between the control panel and the mill head electronics.  A switch on the panel moves the head up and down via an electric motor on the head.  It works with the computer setworks too.  Several owners have attempted to improve on the standard-issue cord reel by going with an industrial model (Ladylake), or even going wireless (Redbeard).  I tried the wireless route but haven't been able to get it to work reliably. 

The issue isn't shown on the magazine's website so only subscribers would know about it.  I was curious as to whether anyone had read it since Jeff (Redbeard) was the only one who even mentioned seeing it.  I think Dave did an outstanding job of highlighting a small milling business and the niche market I service.  There's a place for all of us if you work at it.  Plus, he mentioned the Forestry Forum and several of our sponsors.   
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.

John Mc

What issue was that article in?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Tom the Sawyer

Independent Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine
August/September 2015, pg. 30-36.

slider

It was a good article and well done.Congratulations Tom.
al glenn

4x4American

Tom,

So that cord reel is stock then?  It was a great article.  I think that's a good gig you have with the school.  What makes your blade lube orangeish?  It's crazy to me, that you are the only active portable sawmill business in Kansas City, when TK is so prevalent there!  You are a Kansas City Star!  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K1XYEhbvDY)

-Doug
Boy, back in my day..

Tom the Sawyer

The cord reel is part of the original design, that particular one is an 'aftermarket', 'heavy-duty' replacement.  The orange lube is water with ZEP Heavy-Duty Citrus Degreaser.  It works pretty well as long as I stay away from pine, grrrr.

4x4American

Yessir...my lube water if it's ever orange is because my spigot spits out rusty water sometimes..most times I let it run til its clear but when I fill it at night I just go by feel and sometimes I didn't let it run long enough
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!