iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting machines

Started by Mainer_for_life, November 28, 2014, 07:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Dave, thats a pretty neat machine. To bad about the piece being fractured. The Peavey machine worked on very flat surfaces,but on irregular surfaces it didn't get enough traction to pull loaded logging sleds. It would probably propel itself fine without anything behind it. He was trying to compete with lombard.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

shinnlinger

I was reading somewhere that the Tucker snowcat guy tried the screws for a few years before going to tracks.   The screws are suposedly good in wet heavy snow or muddy swamps but they aren't very efficient and fairly useless in other situations. 
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

thecfarm

Dave,as the title says,interesting machine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

KyLogger

I had seen the Tournaskidder one before, but the underwater dozers are awesome! Complete with rippers. Only the Japanese............ remote controlled. I bet it's a mother when they break down in 15 feet of water.....

Thanks for sharing!
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

ForestryEquipment

Dave Shepard

I've never seen anything like that. An interesting approach.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

g_man

Here are a couple I saw at the Logging Museum near Klamath Falls OR on a trip last summer to visit my daughter.

A Steam Tractor. I love the steering mechanism. And the operators platform.

Here is a Cat 30 with a log arch. The 60 and 30 were the very first machines made by Cat. The forerunner of the dozer. Being an easterner the log arch says it all about western wood!!

gg

Mainer_for_life

This thread has been inactive for a while. Come on people I have seen other threads keep the interesting machines coming. Christmas vacation from school means I have  more to to eat in the old machines and learn as much as I can.

loggah

Here is a 1929 Coleman truck i used to own.It was bought new by the town of Gorham N.H. to plow Gorham hill,anyone who has trucked in northern N.H. knows Gorham hill!!! ;D The Coleman is a pretty rare truck,made in Littleton Colorado.The man that built them was a oil magnate who once bet his Colemans could outpull a locomotive,which it did. ;D The truck is now owned by Dick Hallberg who did the great restoration,with Dick 100% isn't good enough.

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Mainer_for_life

Wow, I bet you moved some snow with that rig the restoration is great.

Woodhauler

Quote from: loggah on December 21, 2014, 05:53:30 PM
Here is a 1929 Coleman truck i used to own.It was bought new by the town of Gorham N.H. to plow Gorham hill,anyone who has trucked in northern N.H. knows Gorham hill!!! ;D The Coleman is a pretty rare truck,made in Littleton Colorado.The man that built them was a oil magnate who once bet his Colemans could outpull a locomotive,which it did. ;D The truck is now owned by Dick Hallberg who did the great restoration,with Dick 100% isn't good enough.

You have owned about everything with a motor!!!  Hats off to you! What is in your collection now?
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Mainer_for_life

The restoration was nice I bet you could push some snow with that.

Mainer_for_life

Sorry about the double post I had a glitch with my iPad. Yes loggah what is in your collection now, I have seen your Lombards. Also I forget the name but do you know about the couple of guys here in Maine that restore Lombards. They have somewhere near five and they even have two with dump bodies.

loggah

Thats the Brettons in Vasselboro! they got a pretty good assortment of lombard stuff. At one time i had about 35-40 crawlers and trucks + half a dozen pieces of logging equipment. Im down to  around 17 pieces all together now.To much junk to list!!! ;D  The Coleman had a v plow and double wings ,6 speed transmission and 30 miles per hour was top speed. I had a 1943 Walters snowfighter ,it was a beast plowing also but it only got 1 mile per gallon of gas ! :o

barbender

What was that Coleman powered by?
Too many irons in the fire

loggah

It had a Buda  6 cylinder gas engine , i cant remember the specific model but it was about 650 c.i. with dual ignition,it was a real smooth running machine.

ScottAR

Great looking machine Loggah!

As to the OP,  ask and ye shall receive

Koehring 505 "Skooper"  More or less in between a full hydraulic machine and a cable shovel.
The cable guys were competing with the new hydraulic machines.  You could take the skooper attachment off and refit a standard crane boom or cable shovel if you wanted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2BXzV_8glc

Koehring logging machines I found by happy accident
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bj9_Ya_G8A

Koehring 1466 customized by contractor with super long front building slurry walls. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmKvnyfM9_8

Sorry about all the Koehring but they made a lot of neat stuff.

Stick rake:  Saw old pics of these used in OZ called a Symonds rake.  Seems someone is making them here now.   I want one.  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X65JmRf5e14

Kaiser walking excavator somewhere in Europe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKmQdkQ2j6k

Huddig TLB with rototilt attachment.  I'm in love...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zGQlGweHG0

Skymax harvester.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FwgrE6afvs

That should hold ya a bit.  Keep posting. I thought ya left.

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

1270d

There was a 1466 working a couple miles away from my house a year or so back.  Very impressive.  I think they were digging around 70 ft down, but capable of 90?

Mainer_for_life

Wow some of the things people come up with are cool

ScottAR

Could be that very machine 1270d.  I understand they only modified the one.  They could have two I suppose.  Just for size reference, here's a 1066E making a dump truck look pretty small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJnGUsVSAO0
Scott
[Magicman]

1270d

this is the one.  It was delivered in five or six pieces I think.  Half the time it was on site it was broken.  Guys that were working on the project said it kept popping jib cylinders.

Not positive but I think the machine may be owned by Remedial Construction (recon).  They have 3 1466's

Ljohnsaw

I remember years ago (25 or so?) a machine like that working on the levees around Sacramento digging the slurry trenches.  They had miles of trench to dig to seal up the levees.  I was just amazed at the reach.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!