iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

International transmission

Started by loggerman1959, June 17, 2016, 07:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggerman1959

I have a 1978 International s8A skidder , seems to have trouble building pressure in the tranny to move the machine sometimes . I replaced the filter , but still has trouble going into 2nd gear , and sometimes in 1st , it takes a lot of RPM s to move it ......any ideas why its doing this would be greatly appreciated .

treeslayer2003

funk transmission. sounds like charge pump, mine needs one.

loggerman1959

Are they hard to come , and how would I know for sure ?

sawguy21

You would need to pressure test it using a suitable gauge at the port. You also need to know what pressure it should be operating at, a shop manual if still available is invaluable here.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

treeslayer2003

mine held 300 normally, down to 100-125 at idle and had to floor it to get 200-225. then it would move but i stopped using it to hopefully not burn up the clutches. idk just where to get one.......let me know when you find out?

Gearbox

Look for a air leak in the suction line to the charge pump . may have a steel line with hoses between . you can use shaveing foam to check for air leaks . Also the converter temp will heat up on a long pull if you have a air leak
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Thank You Sponsors!