iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

special day, 56 and counting

Started by pineywoods, April 18, 2015, 12:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerBrown

Congratulations, Mr and Mrs pineywoods!  That's just awesome.

My grandparents (Ma's side) lived to celebrate their 75th (both lived into their mid-90's).  Hope the same for you two! 
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

GAB

Congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment.
You know another 9 years and some people will think you would rather fight than switch.
Would you per chance have any words of wisdom for those of us behind you folks (in years).
Have another piece of cake or wine (HIC) or something, you deserve it.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

fat olde elf

Congratulations to both of you !
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Gadrock

Congrats from Mississippi!
    I have enjoyed everything I have learned from you and this is no exception.
So I guess that means that you got married when you were 12!

Ha Ha

DAVID g

Carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

customsawyer

Congrats. Couldn't happen to better folks.  8)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'll never make it that long without my wife killing me. 

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Left Coast Chris

Congrats Piney!!   The only things we can really count on is Gods love and time passing......... sounds like you applied the first well and then the second fell into place.   Here's to 25 more blessed years together for you!
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

jueston

54Dutchman

pineywoods

Thanks guys. I'd be lying if I told you it was easy, nothing to it..Especially the last 15 years as a full time 24/7 caregiver..But all things considered, life is GOOD, enjoy it.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

petefrom bearswamp

Im a little late to the thread, but congrats Piney.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

timberlinetree

Congratulations. My hat goes off to you.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

pineywoods

Make that 57 and counting..the last 17 with her 75 % dis-abled and me as the caregiver..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390

drobertson

Amazing stories you two must have,, time sure fly's,, Happy Anniversary once again Mr. Pineywoods, and to the Mrs, as well!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

GAB

Congratulations and I wish you many more.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Logger RK

Congratulations. Next month will be Me & My Bride's 36th 8)

gspren

Congratulations! My 30th is coming up and some of you make me feel like an amateur.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

Congrats Wayne & Nelda from us.  Here is wishing you many more.   smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

wesdor

Congratulations to you both. As a full time care giver that says a lot about you and your love for each other. You are an example for all of us.  We are 10 years behind you but my wife is still pretty much self sufficient. Lots of lucky people (who work to make things good) in our generation

LeeB

Duly humbled. It takes sacrifice on both sides to make that happen. One must realize that sometimes we do what we don't want to to keep the peace. My hat's of to you sir, and to your Mrs. too. 56 years contains many compromises from both sides of the table.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Gary_C

Congratulations! We are but a little over two years behind you and sure can appreciate your accomplishment.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

pineywoods

One sorta un-intended side effect, I have by necessity become quite familiar with electric wheel chairs and handicap scooters. DanG things are expensive, so I acquire used (sometime free) ones. Usually require some maintenance, thus the practice of keeping an entire fleet. We found out the hard way that anyone dependent on these contraptions needs a spare. They aren't nearly as simple as they would seem, even the simple scooters are computer controlled. Here's her current fleet, minus a 4th acquired since this pic. 

tree-farmer

Congrats Piney, just remember behind every sucesssful man threre is a surprised woman... :D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

r.man

A friend of mine used a scooter and fixed it himself as well. Eventually he had most of the high draw wires soldered instead of plugged, the plugs didn't last. Congratulations on 57, were there roses this year?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!