iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is it?

Started by BBTom, October 07, 2015, 02:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBTom

Found it in the grainery of the 1840's barn at the farm.   Does anyone know what it is,  looks like some nice craftsmanship,  the legs are made so they can slide off. 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Magicman

I use one exactly like that to count my sawin' money.  Everything that falls through the hole is mine.   :)

But I have no idea what yours is.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Paul_H

It was the first attempt at inventing the massage table. It wasn't until 1879 when the face hole was moved to the far end that this really became popular.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Is the hole bigger than a Goats head?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

tmarch

Fish cleaning table, put the gut bucket under the hole?
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

jamesamd

The first portable potty ?
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

BBTom

The hole might be about the right size for a goats udder, but not big enough for the head,  unless it was a small goat.

I thought that I knew what it was once upon a time, but then CRS (cant remember shtuff) disease caught up with me.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

r.man

BB is the hole round, what diameter, any idea what caused the staining on the left and are there any tool marks on the bench top?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

BBTom

I remember the hole being round, but not like machined round, hand hewn round, if you know what I mean. 

Diameter of the hole was about 7 or 8 inches.  Going from memory right now, as the table is in Ohio, and I am back in MO, but I can check it next week when I go back for another load.

Table top was smooth to the best of my memory.  The stain could be from most anything as it was in the grainery and who knows what could have been stored on top of it. 

thecfarm

I wonder if it was made to make bundling something easier. Could it been brought in on the left side? Maybe they wanted the bundles all to be a certain size???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

If the hole was used to assemble a bundle of something I would expect the hole edge to be rubbed smooth. It might have held a canister.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

kensfarm

Quote from: jamesamd on October 07, 2015, 08:03:18 PM
The first portable potty ?

That might explain the stain.   :D

Ox

I would guess that it's a food processing table of some sort.  A bucket under the hole catches the throw away stuff.  Fish, vegetables, deer, etc.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Thank You Sponsors!