iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to me.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 22, 2015, 09:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I saw this at Lowe's today.
An ATV with a mowing deck under it and a built in generator beneath the seat.
Wow!

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bert

Hopefully this is the first of a new trend. I like multipurpose equipment.
Saw you tomorrow!

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Kipper

I saw one last fall in our lowes and at first really thought it was a good idea until I noticed the blades are run by electric motors. That didn't impress me as I don't think it would hold up to grass cutting. Neat little concept though.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

starmac

Not what I would call an atv at all, more like a riding mower with nightmare type gimmicks.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

fishpharmer

Cool idea! I had seen one locally at Lowes.  I think it might do well if a name brand mower company marketed it. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: fishpharmer on October 25, 2015, 01:48:23 PM
Cool idea! I had seen one locally at Lowes.  I think it might do well if a name brand mower company marketed it.

I agree.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Gearbox

Just try to order parts from Lowes . I think it would be like Wal Mart . You want us to do what [pause while they call a manager gets off the phone and says we don't do that you are on your own ]. Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Ljohnsaw

7100w generator, pretty big.  Too bad it doesn't have 240v, then I could plug in my welder ;)  Electric for the mower blade... So is the drive line electric as well?  That would be interesting.  However, it doesn't look to be 4WD.  If its not 4WD, I don't consider it an ATV, just a go-cart! :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

kwendt

Would work I guess for a couple acres or less? Can't imagine it holding up to serious use on a large parcel. But to be fair, maybe it's not intended to. Parts? User serviceable? 4wD? Tractor Supply had something like that last time I was there... I tend to distrust 'flashy looking' body molding, and gimmicks. But that's just me...
87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

kensfarm

Now you can watch football on TV..  while mixing your favorite drink in a blender.. and mow grass at the same time.  Add a George Forman grill..  how could you ever complain about mowing grass again? 

I did see a riding lawnmower w/ a generator at one of the Box stores.  You could run your hedge trimmer, blower, etc..  no more long cords.. hook up an electric string trimmer or 2 for doing fence lines.  If you had a good alternator on your existing mower.. you could hook up an inverter for power. 

Thank You Sponsors!