iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hardy H4

Started by Crhall, March 12, 2018, 09:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crhall

Any Hardy owners out there? I'm going to be helping a friend install one soon and had a question about it. I haven't seen it or any of them for that matter. But from my understanding is they run a coil inside the boiler for the domestic hot water? Plus the have some kind of auto fill for the boiler water?  This is different than what i'm used to. I've also heard of other Hardy owners having issues with calcium build up in the coils and float failures for the auto fill!! Plus he would have to run extra set of insulated lines out for the domestic hot water to stay hot on way to house..

Can we just set it up the way most other owb are? Use a plate exchanger in the house for the domestic hot water? Also eliminate the auto fill so he can put treatment in it and keep it tested. I know its stainless but treatment can't hurt, Plus why would he even need the auto fill? He shouldn't be loosing any water unless a boil over! I've put 2 gallons in mine over the past 3 years, I run some out before I take my water sample, I'm guessing that's where the 2 gals went over the years. 

Does anyone see why we cant hook it up like all the other owb?

E Yoder

I've hooked a hardy up just like you describe. Continuous pump, flat plate in the house, no autofill. Worked great, eliminates the boiling caused by starting and stopping the main pump.
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

Crhall

In normal operation the main pump starts and stops ?? Is it with the thermostat or what ? I agree I think i run all the time pump would be better for boil overs 

E Yoder

Typical Hardy hookup they start and stop the pump with the thermostat in the house. Seems like a lot of the southern brands do it that way (Taylor, Hardy, Hicks, etc) Not sure why.
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

Thank You Sponsors!