iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nodwell Forwarder

Started by Scott, February 09, 2003, 02:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

NODWELL TRACK MACHINE 30" tracks, 300 Ford industrial engine with log loader

Anyone know anything about these machines?

Ron Scott

Where are they being used? I've seen similar type machines years back being used in Russia's logging operations, but don't know specific manufacturer.
~Ron

Scott

i don't know where it's being used now but i'd like to use it on the familly woodlot. It doesn't have many rocks sticking out but it does have some really wet areas wich is why I was looking at this amchine. I know they use a lot of these things on the oil fields in Alberta and places like that.

J_T

I been hpoing someone in swamp country would post some pictures of swamp loging equement. Ineed sompthing that will walk on water but cheep.
Jim Holloway

Bro. Noble

Scott,

Wish I'd had one of those things to get home from church today.  The white stuff really came down.  We had a long scary drive home.  The last 8 or 10 miles we broke trail,  up and down hill.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Kevin

I'm using an Argo aatv for skidding this year and it works great.

Scott

Right now I'm using my ATV with a trailer for forwarding, it works good but it's too small scale. Most the softwood has already been logged off the section of land and the atv won't work in the branches and stumps. The price of the nodwell is $5000. Thats half the price of a cheap skidder, but i'm not sure what the undercarriage is like.

Kevin

I can't get off the trails with the Argo but I can winch a pretty fair distance plus it's transportation in and out of the bush both summer and winter.

Scott

Those are good points. Our woodlots all border the highway so its easy getting to them. I was thinking of maybe putting a small electric winch on a machine like this if i get one. I have one on the front of the Big Bear right now, it would be better on the back but its still handy.

Thank You Sponsors!