iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New project, we'll see how it unfolds.

Started by SwampDonkey, November 20, 2011, 04:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

These are 5"x2" (full dimension) planed hard maple planks. 

That's about how they will be used in this project.  :)

Of course, there will be a bunch more added as we go. ;D It's too early to say what it is, but as I progress along it will become obvious. ;)

Grain picture, the most interesting grain pattern in the bunch. A hint of figure, but doesn't show up as well in the photo.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

dovetails

1984 wm lt30,ford 3000 w/frt lift,several chain saws, 1953 model 30 Vermeer stump grinder,full wood working shop, log home in the woods what more ya need?

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

Gonna make a good looking wood working bench.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Went to town for some more maple today, needed some more 8/4 so I bought a bunch extra plus topped it off with a couple layers of 4/4. I've bought 700 feet of hard maple this year.

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

I know it sounds like it, but it's not. That would be too easy to guess. ;) :D

metalspinner

SwampDonkey

D Hagens

SwampDonkey

D Hagens

Oh, I know what it is 8) 8) 8)

Swamp, you're building a bird house right 8) 8)

WOW! And ya thought posting pics was hard before :D :D :D

It won't allow Jpegs.....small glitch there :)

SwampDonkey

What's that? The ferret hotel? Sorry, was a show on last night about ferrets, couldn't help myself. :D :D

D Hagens

I think we need a hint here 8)

I hope it's a x-mas gift for me 8)

SwampDonkey

Oh, it'll unravel as we go along. ;D

But for the most part, it will be a jointed frame. ;)

SwampDonkey

I don't know how you got that photo in there Dale because the upload has been turned off on my end. I can search and view gallery photos, but no upload.

metalspinner

Quoteneeded some more 8/4 so I bought a bunch extra plus topped it off with a couple layers of 4/4.

Kitchen island?

Workbench?

Bowling alley!

SwampDonkey

Quote from: metalspinner on November 22, 2011, 08:23:58 AM
Quoteneeded some more 8/4 so I bought a bunch extra plus topped it off with a couple layers of 4/4.

Kitchen island?

Workbench?

Bowling alley!

Bowling alley!   ;D :D

Radar67

There are two things that are fact,

1. It will be something out of wood, ;D

2. It ain't sweet gum! ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Burlkraft

I'm gonna guess a figured maple bed with a giant maple headboard and some type of fancy inlay, maybe intarsa on it.

If you ain't...that sounds like a good project anyway  ;) :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Warbird

Interested to see what you're building, SD.

SwampDonkey

Here is a photo highlighting some areas of grain that pop out of the board. ;D

Lud

Hey SD!,
                   I've got a Great Horned Owl that can live in your birdhouse!

Y'know,  you can only drag these things out so far.........
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Holmes

Will it be a trebuchet?  Are you going to conquer N.B.? ;D
Think like a farmer.

Coon

He's building some kind of contraption.  :o  Uh oh we had better watch and learn.   ;D  Now for what kind of contraption.... well it sounds fairly big..... maybe a land yacht to run on the snow.   :D  Remember he has a whole heard of them swamp donkeys in the back field pasturing till ready for use.   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!