iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Easel for my grandson.

Started by 21incher, June 25, 2015, 06:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

My grandson is a little artist so for his birthday I made him a easel to draw on. It is adjustable so it can grow with him, and uses rolls of paper that should last a while. As always it is built of ash and walnut from my back yard. We gave it to him with a big set of markers, crayons, pastels, color pencils, and water color paint. He said it was the best gift ever and got right to work drawing us great pictures.

On the back leg is a white board.

Sorry about the sideways pics but when I try to rotate them they get all distorted. I also made a video that shows it a little better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lidnkYs6Jdc :)

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

You do nice work !
He will get a lot of art work done with that set up .
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

I like it. How did you make the "marker grooves"?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Lud

Well done!  Show him how you sketch something to build and then build it with him. At the right age, of course.   8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

21incher

Thanks everyone. I was amazed by how much he liked the gift. I think he liked the white board best after he found out he could change his pictures without starting over.

Quote from: hackberry jake on June 25, 2015, 09:22:04 PM
I like it. How did you make the "marker grooves"?
I just used one of he MLCS full round bits in my router table. That walnut cuts like butter. The tray and whiteboard slide up and down so he can adjust them as he grows.:)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jemclimber

Nice work and a great idea!!
lt15

nmericle53

Those gifts from the heart are the best. Just think years from now he may be famous and it started with wood and love.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

Well I finally got some shop time together with my younger grandson this weekend. We took him to the lake Ontario beach and he found a piece of drift wood that he thought looked like a pirate ship. I told him to draw a picture of what he wanted it to look like and we would make it. It was a very simple project but he had fun learning to use the drill press and sanding. Next he drew a picture of a speed boat he wanted to make and that also turned into a fun project. We had a hard time getting the safety goggles off him when we were done.

SwampDonkey

You have a nice gift for sure. Looks great.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Hopefully he will take an interest in woodcrafting.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jemclimber

Quote from: Magicman on July 01, 2015, 08:01:07 AM
Hopefully he will take an interest in woodcrafting.   smiley_thumbsup

Hopefully so, and hopefully when he is a bit older, an interest in your metal fabricating too. You need a youngster to pass along those skills to and to have a wonderful time doing it.
lt15

21incher

He just realized that his drawings can be turned into a project easily crafted from wood and now has hundreds of ideas in his head for our next projects. I told him  "if you can draw it, we can build it" and he has taken it as a challenge. His older brother wants a treehouse so I guess that will be the next project hopefully teaching them both basic construction skills. :)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!