iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

White Pine top island

Started by isawlogs, August 10, 2015, 09:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

My sweet daughter has asked me to make an Island for her, as she is moving into an appartement with little counter space but enough floor space to accommodate a 2x3 island.
  I had some pine boards here in the shop waiting to become something  :)

Putting it together just for fit.... ( Its a mess in here, it just gets used a lot....) 

I like putting a beed like this on the squirt, I find it makes a nice touch and gives it some class.

I had made her a table a few years back and she wanted the top to match, its a rustique looking finish, sanded down but leaving some saw marks on it, she fell in love with it as soon as she saw it !!!

Made it a rollin' versun, she likes that option!

Delivered and in its home!

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

yukon cornelius

That looks good! I like the bead on the boards also. its just a subtle addition that really adds a lot of character.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

lowpolyjoe

Looks great!

My wife has been asking me to build an island like that for about 5 years now   :D

Magicman

I see many happy years in that island table's future.  Very nice.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Nice build for your daughter. Makes having the skill to do it just that much more satisfying.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

isawlogs

Put those snow balls away now... it will be like that soon enough!!!!    :o ::) :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

mesquite buckeye

Those are white hot rocks. ;D :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Planman1954

Nice job! I love seeing projects and step by step photos and how tos! Thanks.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

addysdaddy

8) super work... you can see the love in the detail...
Trying to think of something Cool to say kinda defeats the purpose.
LT10
Kioti with winch.
Husqvarna fan

purple otter

Hudson Oscar 228 on homebuilt trailer, Kubota B2320 with homebuilt forks,Stihl 028 Super & 029 Super, Solar Kiln .

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Really Beautiful!

When I adopt you, you will be a chip off the old block (old saying)  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

Very nice. She will be one happy cook. bg

LeeB

Looks like it's already been put to use. Good work dad.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

isawlogs

Thank you for the kind words, it was a fun project to do and put together, I was building this as she moved. Got instructions for the first time with texting, not my favorite way of communicating, but it did work out. She is on a trip to Spain, they left only a few days after getting settled in, so the island has not been put to use very much yet, she loves to cook, I  imagine that it will get hauled around that kitchen some.
  I am now putting a dinning table together as the one we had in the house was hers and left with her ours is still at the farm. I have it almost done as I write this. Oh, don't be worrying about eatinfg on the floor, I kidnapped the gazebo table for the time beeing.   ;D :)

Marcel

Jemclimber

Very nice!!  It's rewarding making things your kids will appreciate and use.  I like the bead.   I think I need a bit to start putting that detail into the simple tables I make. 
lt15

WDH

The bead creates a nice shadow line and catches the eye.  It is a nice touch. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

dablack

Looks perfect.  How thick are those top pine boards?  2"?

I really like the rough sawn finish. 
Building my own house in East TX

Weekend_Sawyer

Ok this was driving me nuts. I saw the mention of bead and couldn't figure it out. So I goggled it. They say beads are wood, plastic, glass... etc round objects with a hole in it for stringing together to make... bla bla bla. So then I'm really looking at the pictures looking for an embedded bead thinking maybe you epoxied one in a knot hole or something. Then I looked real close at pic @2 and noticed the indented detail along the bottom edge. Ding! That's what it is, right?

Whew, I gotta cut back on the caffeine.

By the way, very nice table Marcel!
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WDH

samandothers

Great looking work!   

So if Danny adopts you and you adopt me then I can get a great looking island and have opportunity to get other heirlooms from you via Danny!

I'll start working on papers!

isawlogs

The top is 2 1/4" thick,  ...   Oh and I don't adopt, unless... you have blond hair, bleu eyes and have attributs that prevent your nose from breaking if ever you fell forward.....  ;D
  Ding you got it mon ami, here is a link to a biding router bit.

http://www.mikestools.com/861-564-11-CMT-Corner-Beading-Bit-1-4-radius-1-2-shank.aspx

I have no idea who or where Mikestools is are.... a googly search came up with his tool picture.  ;)

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!