iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Generators

Started by woodhaven, August 25, 2005, 01:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodhaven

Does anyone on this site know where I can find information on commerical generators made by Kolher? It is a 30RH7291570A5. 30,000 watts 90 amp 4 cylinder gas.
                                                 Thanks All
Richard

DonE911

4 cycl Kohler engine??  30kw is pretty good size unit, I'd start with kohler themselves if thier name is on it, they should have some info, only if it's who else to call.

Is it part of secondary equipment, something like construction generator or something?

woodhaven

Yea it is a monster. I am going to use it on the house with a transfer switch. Now it is storm season again. It's bad enough in good weather around here the power is forever going off for a half day at the time  god help us in bad weather. During Mrs. Isabel I was without power for 12 days. My wife could call me STINKY and get away with it and be right.
I am waiting on kohler to get back with me now.
Richard

DonE911

Is it a single phase?   The county I worked for had about 8 big 3 phase kohlers on trailers they used to power "important" things.  Not gasoline powered though.  I know they were used to power the water and sewer systems when the power was out long term.

Durring that hurricane mess last year we ran everything in a 3000 sqft house on a 11.5 kw lincoln.  That included two AC's.  We had to shut everything off to get the ac's started, but after they were on we turned on everything else. 

caryr

Quote from: DonE911 on August 25, 2005, 02:29:30 PM
Is it a single phase?
I can't say for sure, but mine does both. I have the Cat diesel feeding from the heating oil tank.

Cary

woodhaven

Richard

DonE911

Nice....  It'll get the job done for sure.

sawguy21

What engine is driving it? We had a similar unit come in for repair that had a Spanish built Ford. Apparently Kohler brought some of these in around 1990 because they were dirt cheap.. They no longer have parts or service information for them.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

woodhaven

That would be brand new compaired to this bad boy. This is in the 60's with a Hercules engine.
Richard

Thank You Sponsors!