iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Antique Steam Sawmill

Started by etroup10, July 09, 2018, 05:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etroup10

This past weekend was the Bark Peelers festival at the Pennsylvania Lumber Museum. Here is a little video i put together of the old steam mill they have running. Thought it was pretty cool to watch and others might enjoy it!! 

Steam Sawmill - YouTube

The mill is currently run off a modern steam boiler, but the original is still there. It had 25 hp and 15 hp steam engines run off the boiler. The two engines ran everything, including the machinery shop downstairs, the winch, edger, mill and cut off saw. You can't see them in the video but the dead rolls off the mill are actually sections of log. they seemed to roll along pretty well but they were spaced out a little too far for short stuff. I didn't take notice to what year the mill was built. 
At the museum they also have other buildings including a filing room, blacksmith, stable and living quarters. If you are close, its worth the trip!! 

Here are a couple cool pics from around the museum... 

A MONSTER cant hook...

Old Chainsaws 

A log Cake(didn't get to try it...) 

An Old steam log loader 

NHLA 187th class, lumber inspector. EZ Boardwalk 40 with homemade hydraulics; Gafner Hydraloader; custom built edger, Massey Ferguson 50E, American Sawmill 20" Pony Planer; Husqvarna 55 Rancher

Gary Davis

looks cool and it  has  all the (Admin language edit) approved safety gards

Don P

That is a cool looking museum :)
The red chainsaw looks like one of Bro Noble's familys saws

Alberta Wolf

That old chain saw looks similar to the old 600 pioneer chain saw that I still got, Darn thing is heavy.My late Dad bought when I was just a kid of 4 years old.Hell I'm retired now and that DanG saw still runs.I'm keeping it for a keep sake  :D

ddcuning

I suggested to my wife a couple of years back that I should convert my mill to steam driven when I found a Frick boiler for sale. The Dr. said the flat spot on my head where she hit me with the frying pan will eventually go away!  :o

Dave C
We're debt free!!! - Dave C, Nov 2015

Thank You Sponsors!