iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cross Pens

Started by Dan_Shade, January 30, 2012, 09:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

I push a pencil for a living, well, my preference is a pen with blue ink these days.

I had been carrying a cross pen set for about 17 years, and recently (unfortunately) lost the pen.  I should have sent it in for reconditioning, the clip was sprung.

So today, i stop by staples to get a replacement, and much to my dismay the company changed the design on the pen set.  My old set had a colored "divit" on the ink pen, and a gold plated top on the pencil.  It made keeping them straight very easy. 

just as the little things in life can make us happy, the little things can be very aggrivating too.  On a plus, I realized that the pencil is an insert and can be swapped with an ink cartridge. 

none the less, I kind of feel like I was ripped off
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Shotgun

Dan, you surely don't qualify as being "old", but what you describe is a little taste of what it's like.  It's really true when they say that "Growing old ain't for sissies."  That'll have greater meaning for you starting in about 30 years.  Enjoy it while you can.     ;D
Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Dan_Shade

and to top the day off, I was lighting a fire for the evening, and turned around to catch my dog helping himself to my dinner

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

WDH

You better just go to bed and try again in the morning  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dan_Shade

I kind of feel like Ralphie when he decoded little orphan annies "drink more ovaltine" code.

I figured a company like Cross cared about quality and standards, and tradition.

At least Woodmizer holds true  :D

Burlkraft

Have ya thought about making a pen? Your wood and the special parts you want.

It's like custom  :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Radar67

Yeah Steve, all my custom pens use Cross refills.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Dan_Shade

Does anybody know of a custom pen kit that has the clip pressed into the side of the pen, instead of being at the top of the pen?

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dan_Shade

I really like the style of the cross classic century that I use.

I don't like the lines and flow of most pens that I see made

JV

Over 400 Cross Classic Century pens listed in collectibles on eBay.  Just a thought.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Dan_Shade

that's where I should have started.

Thank You Sponsors!