iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer advice needed please

Started by Brad_S., February 08, 2019, 09:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmmills

Brad, An LT70 Electric mill is truly an all AC mill. The drive motor, up- down motor, debarker motor, and even the hydraulic pump motor are all Industrial AC motors. Mill has no battery or alternator. It has no autoclutch to disengage the blade while the motor is still running. Motor energized the blade is turning. This is the major reason I don't own an electric 70. The diesel mill has an autoclutch option.

At 8000 hrs I would have to go see it prior to making a commitment. Make sure that this mill has a fully functional Accuset II setworks. You will find it extremely frustrating to hit your mark on the height scale without it. The head up and down speed is really fast moving. Another issue to check out with an 8000 hr mill is the 4 main bed rails. These can sag, bend down in the middle, depending on the percentage of large logs it has sawn. No support in middle of rails. Only on the outer ends. Not big issue, rails are easily replaced. They bolt on. There is a field fix to stop this issue in the future.

If over all blade life becomes an issue, look in to replacing the belted bandwheels with crown steel wheels. For maximum blade life, crown steel wheels are the only option. Hope this helps.

Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Brad_S.

Thank you all, especially for the detailed descriptions of what I may expect. As much as I need a machine quickly, I have copied your replies to this thread and sent them to my associate. I have convinced him to let me enjoy my vacation in Florida in peace this week and let me address it when I get back home next week instead of him trying to strike a deal without me looking closely at the mill.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

petefrom bearswamp

Excellent idea brad.
Sometimes relaxing and putting an idea at arms length is the best thing to do.
Good luck with your endeavor.
You might check with elmoe.
Last time visited 2 years ago he had a 70, I think electric that he planned to install in his building. 
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

sparks

2014 LT70 electric will be a DCS sawmill. It will accept a 6 foot or 12 foot bed extension. To add a bed extension you will need to replace the Festoon cables.

074069 is the Mounting Kit with cables for the 12 foot and 074068 is the Mounting Kit with cables for the 6 foot.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Thank You Sponsors!