iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln Arriving Monday!

Started by 123maxbars, March 11, 2017, 09:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

After years of planning/thought I am finally taking the next step in my business. I will take delivery Monday of a Nyle L53 Kiln. 

Since here lately I video most of my work I have decided to do a series of videos showing the build of the Kiln Chamber.

Thanks to the members here that have helped with my questions over the past few months. (Danny and Glen)

My final thought... Wow insulation is high $!
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Darrel

Awesome!  Now your business can flourish. I'm to the point that without a kiln, I'm pretty much at a stand still. So I'll also be adding a kiln soon.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

thechknhwk

Quote from: 123maxbars on March 11, 2017, 09:28:25 AM
After years of planning/thought I am finally taking the next step in my business. I will take delivery Monday of a Nyle L53 Kiln. 

Since here lately I video most of my work I have decided to do a series of videos showing the build of the Kiln Chamber.

Thanks to the members here that have helped with my questions over the past few months. (Danny and Glen)

Check CL for reclaimed or discounted foam.  There are several salvage places around here within a couple hundred miles that either reclaim it or buy it at a severe discount and then sell it well below retail.  I got a bunch of 3/4 polyiso for 8.50/sheet which appears to be about 1/2 price.

123maxbars

Quote from: thechknhwk on March 12, 2017, 07:00:35 AM
Quote from: 123maxbars on March 11, 2017, 09:28:25 AM

Check CL for reclaimed or discounted foam.  There are several salvage places around here within a couple hundred miles that either reclaim it or buy it at a severe discount and then sell it well below retail.  I got a bunch of 3/4 polyiso for 8.50/sheet which appears to be about 1/2 price.

Just did that and found  1 1/2 rigid foam for 10$ a sheet. thanks for the tip,
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Joey Grimes

I just found a good source for foam insulation sheets insulation depot based out of Massachusetts they have material all over US I wish I had found them when I built my l53 chamber. I'm planing to pick up a load of panels for my new lumber storage building later this week .
94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

Thank You Sponsors!