iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arborwear

Started by slider, April 15, 2018, 01:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

I got to wear my new Arborwear shirt at the sawing project and for those that have not tried their product i will say , great quality and good looks . It is probably one of the nicest shirts i have ever bought. Their promo code is still on for free shipping.
al glenn

Jeff

I bought some socks last month from Arborwear. I do like me some good socks, and these, made in Vermont are the best I've ever worn.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

I agree, I have a couple of pairs. :)ear
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Arborwear

Thanks for the feedback, @slider @Jeff @Dave Shepard and welcome to the Arborwear family!  We apologize in advance for the unsolicited hugs.  Glad to hear you're enjoying your new Arborwear shirt and Darn Tough socks.
Arborwear
We are makers of honest, hardworking clothing
for people who work hard and play hard outdoors

taylorsmissbeehaven

I have had one of the jackets for years. It is awesome! Lightweight, good mobility, and warm. I have a terrible sock problem. That will be my next purchase. Thanks Jeff ( I think) Brian 
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

Jeff

I got a couple pair of the Darn Tough oatmeal. I like oatmeal.  They may have to come up with a darn tough grits to entice the southern members.  Tammy and I are hoping to stop by thier store on the way to the Logrite Tools open house. If I do, I'm getting another pair in the lime or Olive.

I discovered just a few years ago that it PAYS to buy a good quality sock versus the cheap package socks you find in the stores. I found the tube socks like I uses to wear, came in like packages of 6 pair or so, actually only lasted 3 or 4 washings before they would start getting holes in them. While good socks cost a but more, they last a whole lot longer, stay on your feet better, and are much more comfortable.   I've got this saying, I don't know if I've ever related it here before.  If I had a bunch of money, enough to consider part of is as disposable income that I could use on a luxury item, it would be on socks. I love a brand new pair of good socks. I would have a new pair on every day! I've given up on that dream, but a great pair of socks that lasts and lasts is a suitable substitute!

thecfarm

Good socks are a must. BUT they are not cheap. I wear 2 pair of socks if I have my boots on. Yes,summer time too. A kinda thin pair and than a winter pair. I am like Jeff,I have some money wrapped up in my socks. I am not bashful about getting rid of a pair of socks that I do not like. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

slider

Socks are next for me and another shirt but they are just too well made and look too good to work in. if i came home with pine tar and grease on one of these shirts it would not be a happy time with my wife.
al glenn

Andries

Hey Slider, I was also in Georgia for the Project, and thought you looked especially well tailored - yet rugged.
Couldn't figure out why, till I spied the Arborwear logo on your shirt.
Ahhhh . . .  that's why. (My wife thought it was the aftershave, you smoothie.)
;D
I've worn an Arborwear canvas coat for about four years, and it was given to me as a hand-me-down from my son. He's 6'8" now, and outgrew it after quite a few years of tree work and helping me sawmill. It's wearing really well, and may outlive me.
However, it might not ever make me look as ruggedly handsome as that Slider in his new shirt at the Georgia Project !
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

69bronco

I just got a pair of tech II pants. Wore them to a funeral yesterday! The wife says, your not going to wear those to work in are you? Great product, great company and top notch customer service! 

lls256

Got a pair of Arborwear pants and heavy  sweatshirt.  They're built like a tank. 

slider

al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Andries on April 16, 2018, 11:22:43 PM

However, it might not ever make me look as ruggedly handsome as that Slider......
You're a smart guy Andries.
Sorta like a Goat...you can put a gallon of cologne on a Goat and he still smells like a Goat.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

moosehunter

I have been wearing Darn Tough socks for a few years now, long enough to wear holes on two pairs. Both pair I returned to the store I bought them who replaced them no questions asked. I bought another pair each time.
Good socks make happy feet!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Jeff

taylorsmissbeehaven

I have a pair of those that I love but didnt realize I was supporting a sponsor.  Oh boy, I feel another sock expenditure coming on.......
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

terrifictimbersllc

They make good Christmas gift suggestions.  Let someone else buy them for you.  8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

straincm

I just bought two pairs due to this thread. Hopefully I will try them out next week.

kelLOGg

I'm interested in the briefs. Anybody tried them? Does the elastic hold up over time? Those that eventually become loose fitting are worthless.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

slider

I wore my new Arborwear cap to a charity skeet event today and i will say no one was sporting a better looking cap . There were over 300 people there. It's obvious that i am having fun with this but i like quality and don't mind paying for it. 
al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: slider on April 21, 2018, 03:49:32 PM
....... i like quality and don't mind paying for it.
Well let me send you my catalog.  :D

slider

Go ahead Poston and while you are at it send me that purple dress that you wear at the golf tournaments . I will hang it on the wall in the pool room and tell folks this belongs to my cross dressing buddy from the Carolinas .
al glenn

terrifictimbersllc

And the grill too...
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Arborwear

Quote from: kelLOGg on April 21, 2018, 06:00:32 AM
I'm interested in the briefs. Anybody tried them? Does the elastic hold up over time? Those that eventually become loose fitting are worthless.
Hi, @kelLOGg  
Here is what a few of our Field Testers had to say about Arborwear Tech Boxer Briefs:

"The boxer briefs breathe well and are not restricting, while at the same time stay put and move with you when needed. As for the waist band on the briefs, they come looser in the first place than most others. With the non-constant stretch compared to new briefs, I can honestly say that the waist band is the same as when I first got them, or at least almost identical."
-        Tanner D.

"I've worn them every day since Arborwear started making them which I believe was 6 years ago?  I still have some from that time.  Yes, they are getting a little loose in the elastic, but they are still very much wearable.  I think that is respectable after some years.  Elastic just loses its memory after a while."
-        Rob P.

"They are essentially the only underwear that I wear anymore. I absolutely love them. I've had no issues with any of mine stretching out over time. When I initially tried them on, I remember I didn't like how they felt. Seemed like they were tight around thighs, and not tight enough on waist. But after I wore them once and got used to it, they're my favorite. No complaints."
-       Brent B.
Arborwear
We are makers of honest, hardworking clothing
for people who work hard and play hard outdoors

Thank You Sponsors!