iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Funny signs

Started by Paschale, October 30, 2005, 05:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

So I was enjoying the beautiful weather here today, driving around in search of some good apple cider, when I saw this sign at the side of the road on M-37.   ;D

I'm wondering if this is going to become the new Welcome to Michigan sign.   ;D

All I have to say is that we've done enough testing.  We don't like it and we don't want it!   Send it back to R&D!   :)

Any of the rest of  you have other pictures of weird signs to share?   ;)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

There used to be one those signs east of Cheboygan on US 23.  MDOT tests to see how deep the frost is driven into the roadbeds.  One year it was 36 feet deep 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawguy21

"Those that hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot" are on the highways in B.C.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

JimBuis

Here in Tokyo the Japanese often are very nice about having an English translation of some of their signs for us furrinners.  The problem is they don't have a native English speaker translate it or check it when they are done.  One of my all time favorites is a road sign near a construction site:

"CAREFUL there are bumpy!"   ;D :D ;D :D

Sorry guys, no pictures. >:(
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Deadwood

I think my favorite funny sign is located at the Logan Airport in Boston

Vehicles Must Yield to Aircraft

Is it just me, or should those planes be flying?!

Jeff

Yesterday we went by a store, that we travel by quite often just outside of Rosebush Michigan. I see it is all closed up now but I used to get a kick out of the sign in front. You see, the building was divided into two businesses, presumably by family, but I am not sure. It was the

Rosebush Bridal Shop and Feed Store.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

That opens up some interesting mental images ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

OneWithWood

Before the quick marts and small fast food shops in all the gas stations there were the occasional family restuarants that had a couple of pumps outside.  One of these located somewhere, I can't quite remember where  :-\  had this clapboaird sign out front:

Mexican Resturante and Gas

:o  :-[ :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Deadwood

Hey Jeff B, I'm from Maine so I am still waiting for the punch line. :D

This is no joke. My fiancee at the time went looking all over Maine for a wedding dress a few months ago. Everywhere she went they were kind of stuck up and their service was lousy. Finally she went into Hussey's Hardware and Bridal Shop. (Yes that is a real store in good old downtown Winsor Maine and no I am not trying to advertise for them). They were super nice and she found the dress she wanted at a reasonable rate.

If you saw my post on First Fight and saw the pictures, then you saw her wedding dress. Still, every time she makes a snide remark about my farmer roots (ie-redneck), I say "Darn tooting girly, because my wife bought herself one of them there wedding dresses at a hardware store!" :P

Thought you might get a kick out of that. :D

Tom

I like the reference to "hussy's" as much as I do it being a Hardware store.  :D

CHARLEE Street.

..Well I thought it was funny. :D

Thank You Sponsors!