iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A very happy day!

Started by biziedizie, May 14, 2003, 10:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biziedizie

Ok I'm sitting here at 7 a.m and it's raining cats and dogs and monkeys to and I really don't want to work at the mill but I got to make some money somehow. There's a knock on the door and I'm thinking who the hell is that??? I open the door and there's this old guy and he asks if I'm the sawmill guy. So I say yeah and he asks me if I sell my slabs and all the other stuff that I don't use so I say sure everything has a price, back your trailer up to the mill and start loading.
  Well as much as I don't want to walk outside I end up giving this guy a hand and the whole time I'm thinking hey it's great to get rid of this crap and I hope he pays me enough to buy some beer. :D
  Well he pulls out his wallet and starts counting money and I'm thinking that he was just at the bank machine and he's checking to see if he got all his cash. Well he sticks out his hand with a bunch of cash and asks me if $200.00 is a fair deal. 8) Well I had to think about this for a minute....a very fast minute and after a few seconds I said sure that sounds about right. ;D He drove off happy and I walked back in the house VERY happy. 8)
  The next thing that happens is the phone rings and it's the lumber store. He tells me that there's been a change in the price of the cedar that I dropped off yesterday. Now I'm thinking *Ohhhh great the deal has changed and I'm going to get ripped off* Well Jim tells me that the price of cedar has gone up 4 cents a foot and he has a check for me. :) So I made an extra $134.00 on top of what I thought I was going to make and now I'm very happy. :)

Has anyone had days like these? I would love to hear some stories from you guys.

Steve

Paul_H

I've had similar experiences,but then the DanG alarm clock wakes me up and I have to get up and go work in the rain. ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

WoodChucker

biziedizie, can't say I've ever had a day like that, but I'll be sure and answer my door from now on.  ;D

Paul_H,

LOL, yeah sometimes it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.  ;D

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Fla._Deadheader

Paul-- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  You're too much :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Neil_B

couldn't ask for a better rainy day than that. :D :D
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

BW_Williams

Steve, had a good customer tell me today he'd go to sites I've milled and pick up after me for the edgings and sawdust and I thought that's a good deal, maybe I should charge him?  Gave him directions and we'll see how good he does, I left him some 4x's as incentive.  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Percy

Heh heh....good stories....Ive had a few good days myself.....one particular day stands out....

At my millsite I used to have an "Ill deal with it later" pile. This pile contained boards that were too crappy to sell and I would use them for dunnage/whatever. Anyhow after a few years, the "Ill deal with it later" pile became a monster(couple thou of poorly piled allsize defective crapp).  I thought, "Im gonna have to burn alla that crap" About then a guy comes up and says"How much for the pile of crapp??" I looked strait up into the sky and grinned, gave the big guy thumbs up, and the customer says.."Are you ok??"......Got 200.00 for the "crapp".
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!