iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My New Air Drying Shed

Started by WDH, April 22, 2016, 08:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

There is never enough space for air drying wood.  Now I have a little more  ;D.  The concrete pads keep the stacks level. 

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Real nice there Sir,, gotta love the level pads too!  Got a small mess here with sinking and out of level,,will fix soon,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

BillyB

Nice! and all finished in one day!
LT-15, Stihl MS880, MSC362, 72" Grandberg, Kubota M8546

Magicman

That shed needs one addition....Walnut.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andries

Well done Danny!
Good looking building.
You and your buddy Jake have me thinking that there may be a trend there in Georgia.
The sawyers that move the most lumber, make their buildings out of metal.
That's gotta be whatcha call an 'irony', no?
;D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

plowboyswr

Quote from: Magicman on April 22, 2016, 09:23:06 PM
That shed needs one addition....Walnut.   ;D
Sounds like you are going fishing there Magicman. Throwing the bait out just seeing if Danny  will take a nibble. :D :D :D
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

xlogger

Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

customsawyer

You win. I can't keep up with you and all your growth.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

thecfarm

Going to have racks on one side?
What about the snow load?  :D  :D  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Nice, But, the snow will stay on the roof with that low pitch. :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

stanwelch

Real nice addition , Danny.   8)

Let's see. -- New hydraulic mill -- more air drying space -- gonna need another kiln?

Looking good sir!!  (Don't trust what Jake says -- he's a sly one)  :D :D
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Seaman

Nice shed! Concrete pads are the BOMB !
What is this " snow load " our Northern Brethren keep mentioning ?
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

WDH

That's right, Stan.  Jake is making a mountain out of a mole hill (old saying)  :D

What is snow?

Billy, I told you!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red

Lots of hot air down there .  That lumber will be made in the shade .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Ga Mtn Man

Very nice Danny.  Lumber stacks on the outside, so what will all the space in the middle be used for?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

OneWithWood

So, what are the dimensions of the shed?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WDH

30' x 60'.

Paul, the middle will be used for 'stuff"  :).

red

Gulf steam airplane , RV , some fishing boats .  Hardwood Lumber sells for $300
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

hturner12

I know this is a very old thread, but I would like to thank Danny for taking time to show me around  his place today and the great advise he gave  me,
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: hturner12 on July 31, 2018, 07:40:46 PM
I know this is a very old thread, but I would like to thank Danny for taking time to show me around  his place today and the great advise he gave  me,
I have to admit Ganny has a really nice place and some nice toys.
I'm glad you got to go there.
Once you take the tour ya don't wanna leave......unless he puts you to work.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

VT_Forestry

Somewhat related to this thread - currently my wood storage is all inside, and I'm quickly running out of space (shocking I know).  I'm considering moving my wood storage outside into a lean-to.  What are the concerns regarding bugs and how are you guys that dry/store outside handling those concerns.  Nothing more disappointing than a pile of sawdust and a bunch of pinholes in some air drying wood.
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Satamax

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

hturner12

Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Thank You Sponsors!