iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mother Nature...

Started by Coon, February 09, 2008, 11:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Ok Coon , we get the message , ya can turn the fan off  or turn the Dang thing around some . Ever since that thermometer was posted its been getting colder and colder and the wind has picked up , I did not let the horses out this morning because of the cold .
  My nephew and a girl friend are here for a visite , I saw them getting dressed this morning to go outside , thought they might be going to the barn  ::)  Noooooo  they where going skiing , even after I told um it was -2000 outside .  ::) ::) ::)  Ya cant get good help for da barn anymore   :-\ 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Corley5

I've had it  ::)  Spent most of the day cleaning up after yesterday's lake effect blizzard.  We probably got a foot of snow but it's hard to tell the way it blew around.  It did make it to 15 degrees today  8) ;D  Supposed to get another 2-4" tonight too.  We're heading south Thursday in front of another clipper system.  Hopefully after two weeks in the sunny, warm south things will have moderated a bit here just not enough for the frost laws to go on  ;) ;D  They can wait for a few days after I get back.  I apologize in advance if the cold follows us down.  It seems it usually does  ;) ;D 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

Yeah we had around 8" and I blew that out, then raked the snow off the lower shed roof with my new home make wooden roof rake.  ;D

More coming Wednesday.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Radar67

Just where may the cold be following you to Corley? I may have to arm up.  ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Corley5

Radar67

That may be far enough off that the cold won't make it here then.  :)

DanG, you Florida boys might ought to dig out your longhandles. ;D ;D ;D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

SwampDonkey

Excerpt from 'Treasured Memories', by Peter Clark

Reminiscences of Wiley Currie circa early 1930's

"When I was a young fella I walked about a mile to a one-room school. In the winter time if there was a storm you waded it. Sometimes the snow got so bad that a man would come with a double team of horses pulling a long sled, 4 or 5 of us loaded on before we got to school. I remember those of us who had cross-country skis often skied. When we came back it was great, all down hill practically.

Our school was heated by an old cylinder stove about 5 feet high. Would that stove ever throw the heat! The janitor built a fire every morning. He got paid around 3 dollars a week.

...one time there was a bumblebee nest under the school on a granite rock. There was a crack in the school floor and when I got down to see the nest, one of the bees came out and stung me right between the eyes. Just then the bell rang and I took off and ran into a kid on the way into school. When I got to my seat, the teacher, Myrtle Thomas said, What happened to you, Wiley?

I said, I was lookin' in the bumblebee hole under the school and a bee stung me.

She replied, Good enough for you!

I remember there being a strap at the school but it wasn't used much....."
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

Usually after the first coupla days we're there it wears off  ;) ;D

Coon

Well Marcel,  I'd come and help ya in da barn but it's a might long walk I'd have to take. Think I'll just have to stick around here.

Heck Marcel,  I have only got the fan on low. What you complainin 'bout atleast you got some trees around you for shelter we don't hardly have none right here.  Gotta travel a few miles to get trees. :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!