iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lawn mower blades

Started by trapper, June 01, 2019, 12:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

Any favorite place to buy a set?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

LeeB

I buy lots of stuff off of amazon. Mostly because we live rural and there is no place nearby to get it. Having it delivered saves long trips to town and saves my vehicles. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Chuck White

The last blades that I ordered on the internet were from sten dot com.

They were good blade, cheaper $$ and lasted like the OEM!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Sixacresand

I got a set for my craftsman at a local auto parts store.  They have lasted at least four times as long as the ones that came on the mower.  I don't know the brand.  Like sawmill blades, some are better than others.

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

btulloh

AgriSupply has really good prices on Oregon blades.  Depends on how their shipping costs stack up since you're not in their area.  They carry a good stock of idlers at a good price also.
HM126

sawguy21

The aftermarket blades are generally good but often thinner and lighter so may not last as long particularly in sandy soil conditions. However, they are often cheap enough to keep a spare set in the garage and change them out as needed rather than spending time sharpening.  I bought locally, cheaper than buying online and paying freight plus I didn't have to wait.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Larry

Online at Jack's Small Engines.  Good service, prices, and products.

I live in Arkansas.  We have lots of rocks.  Big rocks, small rocks, in between rocks, and lots of em.  They even multiply, almost like rabbits.  Blades don't live long lives here. :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

luap

I have a simplicity with a 56" cut. Oem blades give me the best perfomance and how long they last. 

lxskllr

Been contemplating blades for my new to me mower. They've been beat to death, and are broken on the ends from hitting the mulching shield that was on the bottom before I cut it off. I might just leave it alone. As long as the preponderance of grass is knocked down I'm pretty happy. Rebar would probably work sufficiently for my purposes  :^D

Ed_K

Haven't bought lawn blades but I get chipper blades from Bailey's.
Ed K

trapper

bought a set direct from oregon  price with shipping was close to what i could get anyplace else.  They have a very good parts lookup on their website. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Ron Scott

~Ron

sawguy21

In a previous life I worked on the order desk for an MTD distributor, we could not cut out our dealer and sell directly to the end user. Same with Briggs and Stratton which was our primary line. I don't understand that when the American distributors could.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DR_Buck

Quote from: LeeB on June 01, 2019, 01:51:38 AM
I buy lots of stuff off of amazon. Mostly because we live rural and there is no place nearby to get it. Having it delivered saves long trips to town and saves my vehicles.
I agree with Lee.   Both the wife and I have become Amazon shoppers.   We have a Lowes, Tractor Supply and several small plumbing suppliers here in town.  Most everything else is an hour or more away.  UPS and FEDEX are dropping stuff off here several times a week.    I find that I can generally get John Deere mower blades for my commercial zero-turn delivered for a few dollars less than ordering through the dealer and making the 10 miler drive to pick them up.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

hedgerow

I run a Grasshopper mower mow about 100 hours a year. I had been running Oregon Gator blades and they were holding up good but the cost was getting up there. I found some called Copper head made by Rotary USA made blades and they have held up well. I just bought six which is two sets for my mower off Ebay late winter for less than I had bought one set the last time. 

Thank You Sponsors!