iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AC3667T

Started by KenMac, May 21, 2019, 08:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KenMac

Finally picked up my Cook's mill on the 16th. I've only sawed one log so far, but I'm sure it will handle most anything I can throw at it. It is much more capable than me at this point!

Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

moosehunter

Ahhh, that new mill smell! And a fine looking cover you have for it. Happy sawing!!

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

thecfarm

You will like it!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Andries

Sweet ! Congratulations on the new baby.  :D
There's so many Woodmizers on the Forum - nice to see a different mill!
Looks like a wiiiide throat too!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Banjo picker

What kind of engine does it have?  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

TimGA

Nice, Cooks makes a heavy duty mill. What are your plans?  That will cut a lot of wood. Nice shed for her.
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

KenMac

The mill is powered by a 67 hp Perkins diesel and doesn't require def.  It is computer controlled, which is somewhat of a concern for me since I'm the 5th owner of this design in a Cook's mill.
My plans are to get somewhat proficient in sawing, etc. by the end of the year, retire from my day job, and try to make enough to supplement SS to support my wife's lifestyle. We'll see.
Cook's AC3667t, Cat Claw sharpener, Dual tooth setter, and Band Roller, Kubota B26 TLB, Takeuchi TB260C

KenMac

The shed is 40x60x14 and was built by Jeff Register Bldg and Truss.

redbeard

Nice too see your sawing on the new mill. Still working on my cover for mine.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Banjo picker

Surely you can still run it manually with out using the computer.  I usually didn't use the computer on mine before it quit working.  I don't like handling one board at a time, so I saw out a cant and saw down through it and then let the mill pull the whole pile back at one time.  The computer that came on mine would'nt let me do that.  Don't always do it like that, but usually do.  

Guess they have went away from the gooseneck like is on mine.  It has never created a problem, I just make sure I have the mill back at the operatiors station before I rotate any logs...it wouldn't be good for one to kick off the back of the mill onto the gooseneck.
I know thats not the correct name for the hose carrier, but I can not recall what it is.  

@redbeard how are you likeing your new AC36.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Bruno of NH

Banjo
I think it called an energy chain.
After seeing Kens mill they must offer it both ways now.
I seen a Cooks movie and one of the Cooks said he liked the overhead set up better.
I like the Cooks mill but couldn't wait that long for it to be made.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

KenMac

Quote from: Banjo picker on May 22, 2019, 03:56:55 PM
Surely you can still run it manually with out using the computer.  I usually didn't use the computer on mine before it quit working.  I don't like handling one board at a time, so I saw out a cant and saw down through it and then let the mill pull the whole pile back at one time.  The computer that came on mine would'nt let me do that.  Don't always do it like that, but usually do.  

Guess they have went away from the gooseneck like is on mine.  It has never created a problem, I just make sure I have the mill back at the operatiors station before I rotate any logs...it wouldn't be good for one to kick off the back of the mill onto the gooseneck.
I know thats not the correct name for the hose carrier, but I can not recall what it is.  

@redbeard how are you likeing your new AC36.  Banjo
What Imeant was the engine is computer controlled and it also has the networks, but I'll figure out the best way for me.

redbeard

Ken is your 67 hp turbo a tier 4 diesel
You mentioned you do not add the def additive when you mention it's computerized is that the re gen controls? 
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

47sawdust

kenmac,Question on that style of building?What provides the rack bracing to keep it from twisting in high winds?
That style of building is very handsome and looks like a good way to get under cover for not a lot of money.Wouldn't work here in snow country though.
Good luck with the sawmill and your new venture.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

KenMac

Quote from: redbeard on May 22, 2019, 10:26:23 PM
You mentioned you do not add the def additive when you mention it's computerized is that the re gen controls?
The engine is Tier 4 Final, but being under 75 hp it does not require def and does not regen. It has a redesigned exhaust system  and is quieter than earlier engines Cook's used. Time will tell a out it's longevity. 

Bruno of NH

Ken
You will like that engine 
My Mahindra tractor has a Perkins designed engine in it.
Takes no def and I can't tell when it's in regen.
Never has any problems. 
It need to fun at higher rpms
It like the fuel though

KenMac

Quote from: redbeard on May 22, 2019, 10:26:23 PM
I don't  think it has to regen. I could be wrong. I thought I was wrong a while back, but was mistaken.

KenMac

Quote from: 47sawdust on May 23, 2019, 05:17:40 AM
kenmac,Question on that style of building?What provides the rack bracing to keep it from twisting in high winds?
That style of building is very handsome and looks like a good way to get under cover for not a lot of money.Wouldn't work here in snow country though.
Good luck with the sawmill and your new venture.
I think the 6x6 posts set 4 feet in concrete provide the racking strength. 

redbeard

Hope you don't mind Ken if I add a few pics of the AC 36 too your post.
I been trying out a few roller table ideas so I can figure out how much cover I will need and to locate some areas for conduit in the concrete pad for future automation on the tables.
The tables were going too be temporary but they turned out pretty stout might just be the permanent bases .

KenMac

Quote from: redbeard on May 23, 2019, 01:00:16 PM

Hope you don't mind Ken if I add a few pics of the AC 36 too your post.
I been trying out a few roller table ideas so I can figure out how much cover I will need and to locate some areas for conduit in the concrete pad for future automation on the tables.That'a
The tables were going too be temporary but they turned out pretty stout might just be the permanent bases .
That's a good looking set up. Glad to have you join in. I assume you like your AC36?

Thank You Sponsors!