iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What type of tree is this?

Started by Dom, May 12, 2015, 07:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

I moved to a new house last Fall and there's a tree in the corner that I can't identify.
I'm not very knowledgeable in the tree identification.  :embarassed: I'm undecided if I want to keep the tree or simply cut it down now. If I do cut it now, I'll plant new trees. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

beenthere

Another good example of a question where the location of the poster in their profile would help us ( if it was there).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tmarch

Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

WDH

I agree that it is in the genus Populus.  Certainly looks like cottonwood.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Maine372

regardless of species that tree is ill. kill it and replace.

Dom

I'm in Moncton New Brunswick, Canada.
It looks ill to me as well. Whoever did the landscape dig ditches around it.

ford400

I would guess it is a Largetooth Aspen (Populus grandidentata).

Jhenderson

Quote from: beenthere on May 12, 2015, 07:57:58 PM
Another good example of a question where the location of the poster in their profile would help us ( if it was there).
.                  His location is listed below his screen name in the upper left, just like everyone else. And I might add,I've never seen a big tooth aspen with as many sucker branches as that one. I'd say it's struggled for a very long time.

beenthere

Right !!
And to Dom, thanks for adding it. smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!