iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My first drink of Apple pie

Started by Ironmower, September 01, 2009, 06:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

m wood

Rockn H, I might have to try your recipe soon.  That dont sound like too much work u'tall
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Rockn H

Quote from: m wood on March 24, 2014, 03:44:34 PM
Rockn H, I might have to try your recipe soon.  That dont sound like too much work u'tall

It's pretty easy, but on the sweet side.... I can't drink much it gives me heartburn. :)

Bill Gaiche

Has anybody tried the Peach Cobbler? It taste just like Moms home made peach cobbler. bg

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

ely

I am not too certain of all that fancy stuff mixed in with the squeezing, but if its what you like then that's good...
I am not a big drinker of whiskey or hard stuff in general, I like the margarita on occaision and I have drank mork than my share of shine.

but I appropriated a couple quarts for me and a friend the other day and I had given him one more in the past... never had any interest in trying it before Monday night though.

I will have to say that jar was the best I have ever drank. had about six guys helping with it and everyone said it was good stuff. it would sure warm you up good. the true test was when I work up the next morning feeling just fine... the reason I never tried the stuff much was when I was a kid I got into some bad stuff that hurt my head like no other.

one fellow took to gulping it and he is usually a non-drinker. the rest of us were just sipping it slow, it was very smooth.

Weekend_Sawyer

Here's a recipe I used last night:

1/2 gal apple juce
1/2 gal apple cider
5 cinnamon sticks
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
a tbsp anise

Heat all ingredients stirring constantly until it comes to a boil, Remove from heat and let cool to room temp. Add a quart of moonshine stir and pour into 5 quart jars while straining out the anise. Put 1 of the used cinnamon sticks in each jar. I was sipping it in a cordial glass with ice and I like it!   
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

sandhills

I don't do this much, mind telling what anise is?  Thanks

Roxie

It's a spice from a plant that has a licorice like taste. 

Weekend Sawyer, that sounds wonderful!  Last weekend, Cowboy Bob brought me home two quarts of Apple pie.  I don't know how they made it, but a shot over ice went straight to my head.  I know you find that hard to believe.   ::)
Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!