iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm so cheap...

Started by Jeff, January 03, 2019, 03:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

That I sent my wife to Jiffylube to have moles removed.

This is crazy. Tammy had an appointment this morning in
Clare, so took my old truck because it was clear of ice and snow because we had it out last night for a coleman veterans memorial board meeting.  I asked her to stop in to the oil change place on her way home and get the oil changed. She said the guy pulled the air cleaner out and as he did, she saw him jump back and exclaim WHAT THE !$#%!  

This is what they found. She said the guys said they see thousands of cars and have nver saw these in an aircleaner box. And, the air cleaner was fine!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

FalconFan

doc henderson

Are they moles?  I think you have to train them to run on a little wheel under the hood.  Did it improve your fuel economy?  :o running-doggy
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

I think they are moles. I don't know what else they could be,but I never heard of a mole climbing.  I noticed an odd smell in the truck last month when I came back from being in the U.P. hunting. When I was up there it sat for two weeks and never moved. We had a snow storm in that time, and a big warm up and thaw. There were a couple times when that front corner of the truck was buried in snow from it sliding off the roof.  I honestly don't know. I have the oil changed and the truck services regular, but I drive so few miles that it's been almost 6 months since the last oil change and filter inspection.  I had noticed a decrease in the fuel economy and I'll bet that air obstruction was the case.  The smell probably went away when they froze solid in there. They sure don't look like they yad been in there that long though.  I never got to see them. The oil change guys through them out.  

charles mann

Dang rats will nest anywhere they can. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Jeff

I just asked Tammy, she said they were still very pliable and didn't show any signs of being frozen.

doc henderson

prob. froze, then thawed on the drive.  Prob. came back to life and are chasing the tech. all over the oil change place.  conjures a funny visual anyway! 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

I think after some deductive reasoning the Mystery is solved.  I think they had been killed by something else and stored in my truck. What could do that? Well, I just happened to catch the killer on video during hunting season and had forgot all about it. I had only viewed the clip on my phone until now, and after seeing it on big screen, the bugger was in my truck not just under it.

ermine - YouTube

doc henderson

Don't think I am in Kansas anymore.  We do not have those here.  Is it a Marmot or a mink?

Jeff

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I had 3 moles removed one time.

Yours are bigger than mine.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Southside

You do know that there is a good chance that WV knows someone who would have wanted those to cook up as yummy vittles!!  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

maybe Magic Man has a recipe.  Could have made at least one glove from the hides.

olcowhand

I was going too suggest that it was a "Prankster", little did I know that the Prankster would be the Four- Legged kind.... Cool video.
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D :D

I can see it now.... 1st Annual Mole Roast 

:D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WV Sawmiller

Tastes just like shrews only more meat on them. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

I need some flour tortillas to make some molechiladas!

Roxie

Say when

sawguy21

Did they give the truck mole power? I am amazed a weasel could get them in there.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

When we had rabbits, weasels use to squeeze through the chicken wire pens and kill them.

Southside

Had one try to steal a partridge off a wood pile on me once.  I don't recall why but I had set the bird or birds down on the pile and was just a couple feet away when I saw the bird starting to get pulled into the pile!!  He was in his white phase too.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Chuck White

In general that is a Weasel when it's brown, and an Ermine when it's white!

They change color phases on about the same schedule as the Varying Hare!

Another thing, they can emit an odor on the same level as a skunk, just not as much!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dakota

Those look like pocket gophers.  Do you have small dirt mounds pushed up anywhere near where you parked your pick up ?  They look a little too big for moles.
Dave Rinker

Jeff

No dirt mounds witnessed. Thats a gravel clay driveway. 

Corley5

We watched a weasel hauling off dead bats to a cache somewhere.  The building had a bat infestation.  That's another story in itself ;) ;D  We watched him haul a dozen away and he couldn't have cared less that we were watching him.  That was a couple years before phones with cameras let alone video capability :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!