iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Your News Years Resolution for 2018?

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 31, 2017, 10:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm gonna turn over a new leaf......just don't know which one.  ::)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

21incher

I'm gonna try GGrriittss.  digin1 digin1 digin1  ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Crusarius

goose63

At my age I ain't changeing any thing it wont help any way  :D  :new_year:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

gspren

Give away/throw away/sell stuff I just don't use or need, I've got way too much stuff just taking up room. I guess I should also stay away from flea markets and auctions as that's how a bunch of that stuff got here.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thecfarm

I'm going to help gspren on his resolution.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

hey I got lots of crap that needs to go to. maybe swe should just get together and trade. at least that way I know its going to a good home :)

thecfarm

Kinda like going to the dump.
Come home with more than I went with.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Crusarius

Grizzly

To try and get out of my hermit shell and visit. Friends, family, FF friends, old buddies that I've lost contact with, ...............

And stay away from all that stuff trading I'm reading about. Far away!  :D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Crusarius

Grizzly

You bring an empty truck and we'll have coffee and chat for hours! But an empty truck ya hear?  :D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

sandhills

I didn't make any but my wife has me down for gspren's plan for hers I think.   :new_year:

Crusarius

I don't do coffee :) But I may be convinced to bring an empty truck as long as I drop everything in it with thecfarm and gspren on the way :)

sandhills

If you can get it all in one truck that's what's called "seed".  You better let it grow awhile  :)

Crusarius

It would be a very large truck :) I have enough spare parts laying around I could build 2 jeeps and a rat rod and a sand rail or 2.

and still have stuff left over.

thecfarm

I am clearing a spot for the contents of the truck you said you was going to drop off. Make mine the first stop. May not be much left for gspren.  :D

YellowHammer

Quote from: WDH on January 01, 2018, 07:42:43 AM
I resolve to saw more thick slabs.
That's coincidental, I was going to resolve to saw less of them! 
My knees and back can't take too many more loads and it seems like a bottomless pit.  I can't keep up even with my hired help.

Just a week ago Saturday, I pulled a pallet load of maybe 20 walnut slabs out of the kiln and put them under the shed for R&R.  So a couple days ago, I got an email from a customer who said he saw me "sneaking them out of eyeshot" on the forklift (I was) ::) and was wondering when he could pick up a "few".  Slabs weigh a lot when green, are heavy and dangerous to stack and unstack, take too long to dry, take too much effort to clean up properly, and then sell too fast!  I've got about 60 logs ready to saw, maple, basswood, cherry, walnut, sassafras, box elder, etc, but that's the easy part, its all the rest of the steps that separates me from the local CL crowd that takes all the effort. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Texas Ranger

New years resolution?  I just want to make another year.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

gspren

If anyone wants to do "stuff" trading the first condition is anything I take must be much smaller and in better shape than what I supply such as I'd trade a non-running old dump truck for a working 3-point winch. At the end of 2018 I'd like to have some exposed floor in my barn and pole buildings. And the dump gets filled before you haul it away! :D
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

GAB

Quote from: Crusarius on January 01, 2018, 09:36:32 AM
hey I got lots of crap that needs to go to. maybe swe should just get together and trade. at least that way I know its going to a good home :)

A trash swapping party.
WOW what a novel idea!
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: YellowHammer on January 01, 2018, 03:14:02 PM

.........then sell too fast! 

There's your problem Yellowhammer....your working to hard and selling to cheap.
If you're selling that fast....raise your price and get a rest.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!