iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

230 D Timberjack transmission

Started by Bolie, May 26, 2013, 03:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolie

Need help finding websites that has transmission breakdowns and parts!!
Thanks for any info, Bo
If you want to do something bad enough you'll find a way,If you don't you'll find an excuse!!!!!!!!

240b

Bolie

If you want to do something bad enough you'll find a way,If you don't you'll find an excuse!!!!!!!!

PAFaller

you sure its a 441? my 84 240A has a 442, was just looking at it a couple hours ago. Been having problems with it not going in to and occasionally jumping out of first gear. My diesel mechanic buddy took a peek at it, and we are going to try replacing the forks as they showed wear, and the detent springs and balls that hold the fork rod in place. What in particular do you need to know? Ive been told these transmissions were common in older Ford trucks, that may be a place to start. Otherwise there are a few shops here in PA that could probably print you off something from their books.
It ain't easy...

Bolie

I guess what I need is a breakdown  and a place to get parts from..Already nave it out of skidder and see most of what I need but dont wont to go any further til I have a printout.. Thanks Bo

240b

its just a truck tranny, and transmission  shop can get a reman it will be cheapper and easier than DIY. I know

redneck

what is your email address??  I will send you a service manual for it.
208 timberjack 353 detroit, case 580 super K backhoe, homemade bandmill, 357xp, 372xpg

roundbarn

I would love to have a manual for a TJ 230 D.  I just got an old 1978 and want to get her running.

Thank You Sponsors!