iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

insight on older "Brute" firewood conveyor?

Started by logman81, November 03, 2015, 12:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

I have the chance to go look at and possibly buy a older used brute conveyor now known as timberwolf.  My question is are they a good conveyor?  It has a small Honda gear reduction motor  powering it. Has rubber cleated belting and is asking $ 3500 is that a fair price not that I would pay that but just wondering.
Precision Firewood & Logging

Bill_G

I don't know about their conveyors , but I've had the same Brute splitter for 30 plus years , great machine , seen hundreds of cords of wood. I don't see why the conveyors would be any less quality . As far as price goes ,they aren't cheap , so I guess it depends on your needs and wallet . 

brendonv

I have one. No problems with it. Is almost identical to a friend tw minus the hydraulics.

Dumps wood in a pile just like any other.

I have less than 10% of yours asking price into mine but i just got lucky.  8)
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Corley5

I'd be most concerned about the condition of the belt.  They're not cheap to replace.  I've got a Built Rite BR-20 belt conveyor and it's been a great piece of equipment.  After 8 years of use, thousands of cords of wood and constant exposure to the elements the belt is just starting to get a bit ragged.  At one time Built Rite wanted $1,500.00 for a replacement.  I'm pretty sure one could be had aftermarket for less but I've never checked. 
  Is it belt driven from the gear reduction motor?  $3,500.00 sounds kinda high but compared to the cost of a new one maybe not so much  :-\
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

timberlinetree

I think brute/ builtrite were working together, timberwolf is a different company. We have the top drive belt conveyor and like it a lot. I think we paided 3k for it brand new quite a while ago.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

logman81

Well I bought it last night, only one cord of wood was ran through it. It is the belt driven type but that doesn't really bother me at all.  It's in great condition just the paint is worn off from use got it for less than he was asking so I feel I did good. So for just over 6k I have a great splitter and conveyor. Now to wait for a good deal on a dump truck. Thanks for your help!

logman81

beenthere

It sure does a neat job of stacking splits in the pickup.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

logman81

Yes it does takes so much labor out of put the wood into it a very worthwhile investment.

Thank You Sponsors!