iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

looking for someone to show me how to run a timbco

Started by timberjack97, June 10, 2012, 08:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack97

does anybody know of any one who could show me how to run my timbco fellerbuncher  i would pay them really good for their time

Kemper

You need to check with loggers near you. Talk to the mills close to you & see what other crews use similar cutters. Might be better to find an experienced operator to run your machine for the short term. It's a long learning curve & will take you a while to be proficient. Good luck.

Ron Scott

Also contact your nearest Timbco Dealer. They can often provide training or recommend someone.
~Ron

Bobus2003

When your learning expect to bend a few bars, and don't get discouraged.. I know it was tough when i started.. After the first couple bent bars i figured i was never gonna get a hang of the machine

barbender

Find someone that has one and see if you can go out and watch them operate. That's one of the bonuses of the Ponsses, they have a huge cab that you can fit 2-3 passengers in. Really good for training purposes. But even if you can watch from the ground from a distance, you'll be learning. With a bar saw you have to lift the tree and push it into the fall at the same time, as soon as it comes off the stump pull the butt toward you to control the fall. Easier to demonstrate than write about
Too many irons in the fire

snowstorm

watch all the you tube videos you can find. look for all the little tricks. timco sold out to valmet years ago

amberwood

could not agree more. First you need to stand back and watch someone else. Alot. I had to learn from scratch when my operator left...and then train a replacement. You will bend bars.
Start with oregons, they will straighten alot easier than GB.
DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

pigpen

Hello there timberjack97, I have about 13 yrs experience in a timbco(425c, 425d, & 425exl)  but with a hot saw, I'm from northern wi but if you have any questions or problems with the machine would be happy to try and help you. what year and model did you get? the c's and d's are a lot simpler but exl is a lot faster. Timbco is a very good machine, but they don't like greenhorns! Definitely go watch someone running one, but slow and smooth is key with them machines.

timberjack97

my timbco  is a 1994  425  b  with a barsaw  on it  if you could contact me a would  apreciate it  i have some questiond for you my  number  is  814 -525-2211 and  my name is mike thanks

Thank You Sponsors!