iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prices on load of logs

Started by Northern Spots, November 08, 2013, 01:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Spots

Just bough a (self loader) load of fresh cut spruce, supposed to weigh 32 tonne, 8"+ tops,  16 ft lengths ,103 pieces . Cost was $2625 . This price seem ok? Guess I won't know till I cut a certain percentage of the load and figure out the actual board tally/ logs. Mill is more for personal use than income but would be nice to help with cost. From what I have cut for myself (2x8 / 2x6 / 2x4) I think I'm paying 350/1000bf (sound right). Will tally what I have and bring back some more numbers to help you , help me. Thanks for any input. Hi to everyone at the FF from Northern British Columbia.
Regards, Northern Spots. :snowball:
2013 Mobile Dimension Saw , 683 Bobcat, 365 Husky And a wife willing to run them all !!!

drobertson

If you are happy with it, this is all that matters, the price seems high to me, however I'm not current with spruce pricing, it must be well over 50 bucks a ton,  like to see some photos,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Peter Drouin

250 to 300 with a 12"  top, less than that size is pulp :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Happycamper

Suggestion.
  Why not PM or ask Lyle Neimi on the forum and discuss this. He appears to be selling a lot of spruce to the oil, gas industry in the north.
                                       Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Brucer

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Happycamper

Northern Spots,
  Your cost was $25.50 per log, $1.60 per lin. ft. I have found it is worth the extra dollar to have them "logs" dropped in my yard close to the mill. With a little effort they are on the loading ramp to saw. Good luck with the sale of some of it.
                                               Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Northern Spots

Thanks for all of your replies, I was happy with the load because I was excited to have something to saw. Think it's priced to high, but until I can get something to unload super "B" logging trucks that will be the price. Another option is to buy oversize from mill for $57/tonne plus $200/hr for selfloader to deliver( figuring about 3 hrs to load/deliver/unload 32T) Which would bring me to $2545/load. I'm betting that I could get more bf from the oversize compared to the first load, so I will go that route next. Sorry for not posting any pics but samsung phone does not support Adobe flash , pics on my album but can't seem to post them. NS
2013 Mobile Dimension Saw , 683 Bobcat, 365 Husky And a wife willing to run them all !!!

Mt406

Hi
I am paying 400$/ 1000  for D fir and lodge pole  delivered. The price just went up this month from 385$.
I am a lot closer than the mill and pay the same  but I get to high grade his log deck. these logs were hauled out on a forwarder NO dirt.
and Its a lot of his over size 30-36 in.

hamish

Disparity regarding actual volume, measurements used let alone, the difference in country costs, if you are happy with the load, enjoy it.

I buy at International scale and deduct for any and all defects, at $450/1000'.  Makes a huge difference in the "on the truck or in the bush scale".
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Mt406

Doyle scale is what's used here most.

Forgot how to post pics

Mt406

Mt406

Thank You Sponsors!