iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

450G vs 450H

Started by MICKEY108, December 28, 2011, 11:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MICKEY108

which one would be better to log with i am a one man operation cut roads skid logs what r the differences

JD350Cmark

Did you give up on the D3?

I have ran both - unable to really comment on which one would be more benificial for logging as my time on them was spent clearing, cutting pads & roads and cutting fire breaks.  Some of the terrain was very steep, places where only billy goats belong.  Both performed well.  If I were looking to purchase one and funds were not an issue, I would lean towards the H.  It's a newer model, I was more comfortable in the operators seat and I recall it was a bit more operator friendly.  My quick $.02

*edit:  I forgot mention the H has a lot more electronics, computer for sure.  Do not recall if the G is computerized, I want to say it's not but do know know for sure.  I like less electrical and more linkage.
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

donny hochstetler

my mechanic told me to stay away from anything newer than the g    as there all computerized as these units get hrs. you will start to see lots of problems ,the g searies are the last of the good ones I bought a nice 650 g earlier this summer nice toy   now if I could just find a winch for it

MICKEY108

thanks 4 all the help mick108

a old timberjack

my 2 cents. if u sat in 1 for 10 hrs a day, 5 days a week, the h is hands down. been there, done that. 8)
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

Bobus2003

I'd get a 450G if it were me. I love my 550G, simple to work on.  Though I want to up-grade to a really nice 450J

snowstorm

isnt the  h  hystat? that alone will be a big plus cutting roads into a side hill pulling and turning at the same time. is the  g  direct drive or converter?

Bobus2003

Quote from: snowstorm on December 30, 2011, 06:22:15 AM
isnt the  h  hystat? that alone will be a big plus cutting roads into a side hill pulling and turning at the same time. is the  g  direct drive or converter?

My 550G is Direct Drive

Thank You Sponsors!