iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

460C Timberjack

Started by BargeMonkey, December 18, 2013, 05:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Im looking at one, seen quite a few of them locally for years hold up and I can get parts for them, any one know of anything bad on this model machine  ?  I dont really need it, but im getting sick of pulling cable behind a Timbco, if it sees 50-100 hours a month will be alot. Its a southern machine, 8k hours dual arch with winch.

loggah

On any southern machine you want to check the torque convertor and transmission, because of the hot environment they were used in. I have seen a bunch of absolutely new looking skidders come up from down south ,that had tranny and torque convertor issues. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

BargeMonkey

Thats my fear, and my deere dealer said the same thing. I think the grapple snubber is tired, but other than that it looks clean. Has had a new engine about 500 hours ago, and 1 owner with paperwork. Its got the rubber I want, thats the only real selling point. Problem is to find a decent dual arch that hasnt been mauled to death for 30-40k.

Thank You Sponsors!