iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log truck

Started by chubz, April 09, 2010, 08:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chubz

Have any of you ever built or bought a self loading truck like the on the mule loggers on dirty jobs use? If so would like some info on how it works

saltydog

me to. looked interesting . anybody built one?
Proud to be a self employed logger.just me my Treefarmer forwader Ford f600 truck 2186 Jonsereds 385 and 390 husky and several 372s a couple 2171s one 2156  one stihl 066  Hudson bandmill Farquhar 56"cat powered mill.and five kids one wife.

slanted6

My dad has one that was built by a local welder/fabricator some years ago.  Will take some pics next time I am up there.

chubz

COOL do you know it the lift arms arm on a winch or cylinders

sdunston

You should ask the guys over at the loggers site. But if ya do build one we will take your logs if you want to test that truck out 8)
Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Ironwood

Side loader?

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

treefarmer87

my friend told me thats what he started out with 20-30 yrs ago
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

chubz

Yes a side loader.  cant afford to build a crapple but think i got some scrap iron that will work for a side loader. was wondering if anyone one had built one life a lift table on a log splitter?

aksawyer

I set one up for a local logger here in fairbanks.We used a pto winch and some chocker cables to operate the loader arms.they are pretty aggresive because the log is almost being pinched at the very top of the loader arms stroke.

pineywoods

Quote from: chubz on April 09, 2010, 08:10:20 PM
Have any of you ever built or bought a self loading truck like the on the mule loggers on dirty jobs use? If so would like some info on how it works

go back a few months, there's a complete description with pics right here in the forestry and logging section. click here https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,34196.msg496431.html#msg496431
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!