iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Southern Iowa help

Started by MUDDY, February 09, 2015, 05:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUDDY

Just got back from a scouting/shed hunting trip to Southern Iowa.  My brother and myself are drawing tags down there this fall and we were checking out places to hunt.  Walked lots of public land but came up empty on places to go on private.

Hoping someone in this board might know something about the area or have a possible lead. We would be happy to do some work in exchange for permission to bow hunt.

Thanks
Kyle

beenthere

If I were looking for private land to hunt, and didn't know anyone, I'd pick a general area in Southern IA and spend some time during these winter months in some local coffee-gathering spots in a few small towns nearby. Chatting with the locals who know the area and the people owning land may (or may not) be a shortcut to find some hunting ground.

Hope it is not like what happened to a fellow I know last fall, who had lost his hunting land due to a land sale.
    He then searched and finally found some land to hunt for a fee. Paid up, but the day before opening, the LO called and said he couldn't hunt because his neighboring farmer leased hunting rights and his hunters were upset that the adjacent land was going to be hunted. The farmer said he and his son could hunt only the second weekend, but not opening. Bummer!! 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WH_Conley

I would have been holding my hand out for my money back. :-[
Bill

MJD

Kyle, watching lee and tiffany live deer cam shows most bucks still holding there antlers. Check it out. Live Deer Cam. Mike

Thank You Sponsors!