iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Albino Whitetail deer

Started by Sprucegum, December 28, 2006, 03:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprucegum

This little guy 

was found near Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada 

I cannot confirm the who or when the pics were taken. They are making the rounds in e-mail and showed up today. They look real to me though 'cause I believe everything.

Texas Ranger

I got the pics about 2-3 years ago.  Been around a while.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

I think I found something similar in my bed a couple days ago...

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bitternut

That little guy is cute and so is the one with the scarf around his neck. I took a picture of this deer a couple days ago. I was down by the Seneca Lake military compound. There is a herd of about 200 of them there I guess. They are not true albinos though because they don't have pink eyes. I probably saw about 30 of them scattered around the outside edges along with quite of few regular brown ones. Their noses were kind of pink but I think their noses lighten up in the winter kind of like a lot of yellow labs do.

CHARLIE

During deer hunting season this year in Western Wisconsin a family had an albino 8 or 10 point buck as a pet.  Somehow it escaped his fenced in area and was wondering around in the woods during hunting season.  A hunter shot and killed him.  It is illegal in Wisconsin to shoot an albino deer. The hunter said he couldn't tell it was albino 'cause he was looking into the sun.  The DNR confiscated the deer and  plan on having it stuffed and auctioned off....I think.  It is said they are worth quite a bit of money.  What I find interesting is that in Minnesota, albino deer are not protected, yet in Wisconsin they are.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Riles

Snow deer. Improved camouflage protection from SNOW SNAKES!
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

crtreedude

I just have to ask, how do you know it is a White tail dear if it is an albino?  ;D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Sprucegum

Well for sure Fred, you cant say it NOT a Whitetail   ;D

They also have other identifying features : body shape, ear size, how they jump, etc.

bitternut

Heck...............thats an easy one, because they have white tails. :D  :D  :D  ;D

Don_Papenburg

Wow ,Fred that warm weather is afektin your brain .  You should have known the answer to that question , with pitures an all.

Albino animals of all speices are protected in Illinois.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

SwampDonkey

We have albino deer here once in awhile. Why protect them? They can't reproduce, unless they just want to see them. I have a picture here somewhere from grandfather's sporting camps where he has one hung with 4 or 5 regular deer. It was 240lbs dressed I think, been quite awhile since I was told the story. But, I got the picture. Grandfather shot 2 or 3 of them over the years. Even let one live that was in the cross hairs. His brother shot a couple as well I think. I've never seen one in the wild alive. I've only seen shot ones. There was a story of an albino moose in the area a few years back, but i think it was just a hunter's tale.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 01, 2007, 09:40:44 PM
............. Why protect them? They can't reproduce, unless they just want to see them. .............

SD
I suspect the law against shooting them is more for the occasional hunter who tries using the excuse that they shot the neighbors white horse or white dog or white goat because they were sure it was an albino deer. I don't know that for certain, but suspect that is behind it. Some few hunters have trouble enough identifying their deer targets as it is.  :)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Don_Papenburg

It might be the Aww   factor  or but they are so cute   stuff that makes politios vote forthat  type of BS  legislation.   How can you shoot Bambi ????????         
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Woodwalker

My only question is, white or brown gravy? food3
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

bull

that why you don't see them during hunting season, your all looking for brown!!!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!