iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Campfire food

Started by thedeeredude, July 07, 2009, 07:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

Can't beat it.  Nuff said.  I can only take credit for the fire and the biscuits(I popped the tube open and put em in the oven in a nice circular pattern ;D), my girlfriend made the beef stew and the roasted corn and sliced the lemon(for the iced tea).  The stew is no specific recipe, beef chunks floured and fried in butter, take em out and put in the veggies and fry.  Put beef back in along with enough water to cover the whole mess and more flour to make it thick.   

Norm

I don't think there's any better meal than what's cooked over an open fire.  :)

Of course now I have to raid the pantry after seeing all those great pic's!

thedeeredude

thedeeredude

More pictures, I couldn't wait until camping again so I used the grill ;D  Big can of beans, bacon, bottle of ketchup, brown sugar and maple syrup with some candy onion. 

olyman

Quote from: thedeeredude on July 18, 2009, 09:15:54 PM
More pictures, I couldn't wait until camping again so I used the grill ;D  Big can of beans, bacon, bottle of ketchup, brown sugar and maple syrup with some candy onion. 

sure glad you live a few states away!!!!!  ;D

thedeeredude

zopi

I' ve been known to stick a dutch oven in the real oven..especially making chopped BBQ...too easy.

Every year or so, I cook for a horde of Girl Scouts...a whole weekend of slinging camp hash...it's kind of neat to have a string of girl scout moms following you around like a string of baby ducks...guess I can cook ok..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

beenthere

Now zopi, don't be givin away your secrets.  ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Roxie

Deeredude, there is a show on the RFD channel called Cowboy Flavor and he uses the same set up that you have.  I can't get Cowboy Bob to look away when that guy is cooking. 

Those are great pictures! 
Say when

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

Deeredude, I gotta say that is one handsome set of beans right there! 8) 8)

I almost offended myself just lookin' at them! :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

thedeeredude

Why thanks everyone.  I do like watching cowboy flavor when I can catch it.  I read that guy was Ronald Reagan's camp cook at his ranch.  Zopi, what does your wife think of other women following you around?  Spatulas and spoons can be used as weapons, remember that :D  All the time I've been cooking I only get followed by the Dang dog.

LeeB

At least the dog won't nag at you.  :D

Couldn't resist ladies. Don't bite at me too hard.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

zopi

Quote from: thedeeredude on July 19, 2009, 05:32:16 PM
Why thanks everyone.  I do like watching cowboy flavor when I can catch it.  I read that guy was Ronald Reagan's camp cook at his ranch.  Zopi, what does your wife think of other women following you around?  Spatulas and spoons can be used as weapons, remember that :D  All the time I've been cooking I only get followed by the Dang dog.

I'll kwit cookin' if she raises too much stink... :D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!