iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

5years in, 40k spent and my 2hills hold ruffly 1.2 Millions m3 of sandstone type rock which the crusher will love. still have to wait maybe half a year more, stupid permits!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Ed_K

There's nothing like standing in a metal hole with a jackhammer eh, Barbender >:(.
Ed K

BargeMonkey

Quote from: teakwood on January 09, 2019, 07:11:55 AM
5years in, 40k spent and my 2hills hold ruffly 1.2m3 of sandstone type rock which the crusher will love. still have to wait maybe half a year more, stupid permits!
It gets expensive, because of the contours on these pits we have to go for a "Major" permit right out of the gate, you cant bond a small piece anymore, the best is the archeological study, contour maps, I feel your pain it gets expensive quick. We have someone come in and crush, every time is getting to be more and more, the cobble pile is around 30,000 yd ? right now and I doubt we get thru half of it. Here in the US we have to many hands in the pot, down there is it alot or just a few gov agencies ? Theres gotta be someone there who makes short money who would love to speed things up, 😉 🤣 

mike_belben

I should quit timber, cut up an old road tractor and build it into a portable jaw crusher with conveyors and shaker screens to go process the mountains of breaker trimmings at every quarry in town.  This guy has 4 quarries himself and is running out of room due to acres of piled trimmings.  All theyre good for is pushing out as fill.  He gets $10 a dump truck load and they dont sell.   Supposedly there are nearly 30 competitors in my region and im sure they all have the same problem. 

It'd take tankers of waste vegetable oil and several of my liftimes to turn this one pile to 3minus. 
Praise The Lord

dsroten

I know nothing about busting rocks.  What are breaker trimmings Mike?

whatwas

Quote from: teakwood on January 08, 2019, 07:09:08 PM
Dang, i'm dyeing to start my mine also!!! I need the sound of a crusher in my backyard!
Teakwood,
I work around crushers all day everyday (we do the drilling,blasting and hammer oversize) and I,ve never heard anyone say they "need the sound of a crusher in their backyard".
its always neighbors saying they hate the noise, ( can;t blame them)
life is good

thecfarm

The neighbors need to run tractors,chainsaws,sawmills....  ;D  
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Quote from: dsroten on January 10, 2019, 07:06:38 PM
I know nothing about busting rocks.  What are breaker trimmings Mike?
Im new to it myself.  You quarry the stone out of the earth by drilling and blasting it up in big slabs then break into loadable pieces. Picnic table to hot tub sized. Today i hauled 2 loads of what they call "ruble" from a quarry down a road i cant believe i made it through, back to the breaker for process.  Probably at 90k gross through a creek and up a big ledge in a bend.  Was interesting.
 The breaker is basically a huge shear that cuts irregular shaped ruble down into squares and rectangles of standard market dimension for palletizing and delivery to retail outlets for landscape and construction use.  The goofy shaped pieces that come off as unusable for either are the trimmings.  From brick sized to maybe microwave sized.  Basically a rip rap. 
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

We are still a "small town", everyone gets along for the most part, the echo isnt to bad. We had 1 person give us a hard time so we bought the houses on either side of them, 1 is rented out to a guy with chickens who make noise all day, the house directly across from them will be rented out within the next 90days to the worst section 8 trash the county has to offer... 😉🤣 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

teakwood

Quote from: BargeMonkey on January 10, 2019, 12:54:42 AM
Quote from: teakwood on January 09, 2019, 07:11:55 AM
5years in, 40k spent and my 2hills hold ruffly 1.2m3 of sandstone type rock which the crusher will love. still have to wait maybe half a year more, stupid permits!
It gets expensive, because of the contours on these pits we have to go for a "Major" permit right out of the gate, you cant bond a small piece anymore, the best is the archeological study, contour maps, I feel your pain it gets expensive quick. We have someone come in and crush, every time is getting to be more and more, the cobble pile is around 30,000 yd ? right now and I doubt we get thru half of it. Here in the US we have to many hands in the pot, down there is it alot or just a few gov agencies ? Theres gotta be someone there who makes short money who would love to speed things up, 😉 🤣
you need 69 steps/papers on at least 20 gov agencies to open a quarry, i'm at the 69th steep so fingers crossed. the 68th step i obtained after being hold on for 1.5years, it was the worst. I pay a company to do the whole process of getting the permits. after like 1year i was so impatience that i insisted in giving some money under the table, my agent thought it long and hard and denied. he told me, i don't have a good feeling, we better do it right and legal so you don't have to worry for nothing come around and bite you afterwards. two weeks later the opened legal processes against half of that agency for corruption including our guy, dang was my agent right!! that would have been catastrophic for my permits. You have to be very careful where and to whom you can ask favors in return for money.    

teakwood

Quote from: whatwas on January 10, 2019, 08:31:42 PMand I,ve never heard anyone say they "need the sound of a crusher in their backyard".

That's because the mine, the crusher and the final product will be mine!
there is just one mine working in a 40mile radius, i will be second. we get 8-10$ per m3 from the mountain, that's 12-15$ for one scoop with the 30to excavator directly from the bank, it takes about 10 seconds to do that. primary crushed material is 18$ m3 and double crushed material is 24$. so the prices i'm sure are higher than even in the states  

BargeMonkey

A cubic meter is .76 to 1yd, your stone prices are actually better than mine. Theres money in material it's just such an investment, we dont have a huge operation but its 3 loaders, 3 bigger screens, stackers, all the tools and parts. The next pit will have a wash plant, we have water and 3PH down there pretty easy. At somepoint upgrade to a 1200-1400 on track, we have a 600 powerscreen on track and it does pretty good for its size, rated at 240tph
 The hole in the ground Tilcon had when we where hauling stone was something to look at, massive pumps trying to pump the river back out. I dont know if it still is now but the conveyor in Ravena moving cement down to the barges was the longest in the world at 1 time. 

Had to go ramp the pile yesterday, stuffs frozen, put a 2nd tier on this pile, 6k ton went up pretty quick. 

My log buyer needed CLEAN white birch for a project, center pieces for the NYS land owners dinner, went and got a couple out of the back yard. 

1 more person waits till they are putting the last stick in the stove... 👎 

Grounds finally frozen, got new lights out on last night, have a 2nd light tower on my job and we are going to hammer it until we cant see straight this weekend. 

ehp

? what about a cubic meter , are you comparing them to a cubic yd ?

BargeMonkey

Its telling me 1.31cu yd equal 1cu meter, or 1cu meter equals .76 yd, looking at the concrete calculator. We sell by the yard or ton here. 28.35 and 3.5 to an 1/8 is about the only metric measurement you will find here 🤣 

mike_belben

Ravena is on 81 near all the coal in PA isnt it?   Its some massive structure on the right headed northbound?  Tell me more.

I had a day for the carnage thread but phone wont take any more pics.  All sorts of adventures this week.
Praise The Lord

Banjo picker

Here is a picture of me about 15 years ago when I poured the concrete for a new plant in Searcy Ark.

I did three plants the one in Ark. and two in Alabama. Cherokee and Russelville.  The aggregate in Ark was loaded with silica.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

BargeMonkey

Ravena is just south of Albany Mike, pretty large cement plant / quarry. We used to haul 26 or 28,000 ton in the cement barges, took a couple days to load, I only got on that boat because I wasnt 21 yet, I could go home daylight hours and be back at 6pm so the rest of the crew could go up the street 🤣 
 I've got my fingers crossed, I dont want to be posting on your carnage thread right now. Like the new driving job ? 

mike_belben

Yeah its a huge life change for sure, and it was instant.  I havent had a minute to sit down since last sunday.  Seeing a whole different slice of the world.  When you see stone paletized for sale in some rich city homedepot, thank mexicans.  Theyre out there on the hottest, coldest, windiest mountaintops with nothing but hammer and chisel and outhouse.  No cel service, no running water, no glasses no gloves, no heat, no shelter.  Its not one quarry, its every one ive seen.  My whole day is handsignals and a few words of broken highschool spanish.  All nice guys busting their backs out in the middle of nowhere 6 days a week.  
Praise The Lord

nativewolf

Quote from: mike_belben on January 12, 2019, 09:19:15 AM
Yeah its a huge life change for sure, and it was instant.  I havent had a minute to sit down since last sunday.  Seeing a whole different slice of the world.  When you see stone paletized for sale in some rich city homedepot, thank mexicans.  Theyre out there on the hottest, coldest, windiest mountaintops with nothing but hammer and chisel and outhouse.  No cel service, no running water, no glasses no gloves, no heat, no shelter.  Its not one quarry, its every one ive seen.  My whole day is handsignals and a few words of broken highschool spanish.  All nice guys busting their backs out in the middle of nowhere 6 days a week.  
Exactly!  Makes me contemptuous of people complaining about jobs and walls etc.  I mean those guys are the continuation of a long long line including sweedes/irish/african/italian/polish/germans.  I gave a trial job to a 20 something 2 weeks ago.  10 times I had to tell him to leave his soda cup in the car and only smoke on breaks.  Everywhere he went one hand was holding a cigarette and the other had a soda cup. Nice kid, he isn't going to make it past his 1 month trial; can't do basic math in his head, too slow, never been taught how to work.  Sad.  Anyhow, uneducated poorly motivated people are killing me so we're going the mechanization route.  Some company is going to give me a large equipment loan and we'll get to harvesting my backlog.  
Speaking of backlog, the woodbuyers I take in my projects just want to take pictures to send to friends.  Not much big wood left on east coast I guess.  Someone is coming from Alabama in 2 weeks.  Long haul to see some sticks.  
Liking Walnut

Pclem

Quote from: mike_belben on January 12, 2019, 09:19:15 AM
Yeah its a huge life change for sure, and it was instant.  I havent had a minute to sit down since last sunday.  Seeing a whole different slice of the world.  When you see stone paletized for sale in some rich city homedepot, thank mexicans.  Theyre out there on the hottest, coldest, windiest mountaintops with nothing but hammer and chisel and outhouse.  No cel service, no running water, no glasses no gloves, no heat, no shelter.  Its not one quarry, its every one ive seen.  My whole day is handsignals and a few words of broken highschool spanish.  All nice guys busting their backs out in the middle of nowhere 6 days a week.  
Sounds like some changes Mike? You driving truck now? 
Dyna SC16. powersplit. supersplitter. firewood kilns.bobcat T190. ford 4000 with forwarding trailer. a bunch of saws, and a question on my sanity for walking away from a steady paycheck

mike_belben

Yeah, daycab freightliner and a 48ft dorsey spread.  I shuffle big slabs of shot rock from quarry to quarry for breaking, bring in fuel to each site, take out palletized rock, bring that elsewhere to build loads that i deliver to greater atlanta, NC, SC etc. Busy busy.  All the laborers are mexican and theyre reliable.  The drivers are white and turn over alot. 

Been in a few pine plantations now and a lot of commercial timber sites, it makes sense to quarry the bluff edges after clearcut. You already put the road in to timber it so now lease to a rock operator and get your moneys worth.  The big landowners are sawlogs to HW pulp to planted pine in a generation or two.  Stave oak is a private farm edge thing wherever you can find it and the supply will probably be running out as we go.  I shudder to think someday it might be plastic whiskey barrels full of chipped hickory! All i see in these places is tiny timber. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Oh and i also fuel up next to the forestry dealer.  Theres shiny knuckle booms, bunchers and diggers and dozer and bunk trailers.  There is not one single processor.  CTL will be slow to get here IMO.  
Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Just keep putting it out, havent put a dent in what I've got on the ground but getting closer to being done. 

I ran a saw for 4hrs today topping hardwood, oh god the inhumanity 🤣 She maybe ugly and old but she gets it done. Dealer wants me to go try out that used Ponsse Ergo this week, weathers put such a hurt on everything I'm leery. 

BargeMonkey

This job was supposed to be quick, the weather had other ideas, for 6wks we didnt even start anything waiting it out. Lights on the loader are so so, guy I'm working for has a light tower.... after this job I'm going to own one, wow it's nice. the neighbors probably dont like me slashing till 10pm but oh well 🤣 

Thank You Sponsors!