iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First order completed

Started by sawman, February 11, 2004, 04:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawman

Well we got the first official order sawn out and in customers hand.
  The 1st of the year started out alright.A friend of a friend of a friend asked if they knew where they could buy some lumber.
Answer : I believe I do.
  A few phone calls later and we had an order for 100  6/4x6x14'. It took us a little longer to fill than what we figured,
[didn't figure in weather delays] but today the order was picked up at the mill.
 Word is starting to get out I guess.Dad said he already got a couple more orders lined up come spring.
  Told him we need to get plans for mill shed figured out and get it sawn out as quick as we can.
  Just can't wait tilll spring gets here.
  Happy sawing everyone.

:) :) :) :)
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

DanG

Congrats Sawman! 8)  Sounds like you got it going on. Better get that shed cut out and propped up right away, or it will get on the back burner before you know it. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

mhasel

Hey Sawman,

Let me know if you find a good design for a bandsaw shed, I need to put up one too this spring and am still toying with ideas.

Mike

WoodChucker

I have some pics of my saw mill shed on my web site that may give you a few ideas. http://www.thewoodchucker.com/
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

J_T

W C Nice site. Ever know a Harry Danuel Clifton? He retired out of Detrot several years ago.
Jim Holloway

UNCLEBUCK

congratulations sawman !  that must be a good feeling ! cant help much with mill shed plans but I know allready that logs coming in is the easy part to figure out, on the other end it gets messy really fast with slabs and board piles , maybe allow room for a small tractor loader to get in and haul out like posts and stuff . Smaller sheds look nice but they fill up with stuff fast , hot summer sun baking in isnt much fun either but maybe you will draw it up enough and come up with what works good .  WoodChucker I checked out your great website and noticed you run 6 inch p.v.c. pipe for sawdust , how many horse is your dust collector ? My fiance is limo driver in detroit for the last 20 years and most of her relatives are in law enforcement there. Enjoy your retirement WC but it looks like youre starting a new career  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

WoodChucker

J_T, I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if I knew someone and had to say no. It's a big department with about 16 precincts and each of them as big as a lot of city's. Plus they only let me out on the weekends!  ;D

UNCLEBUCK, actually that's 4" pvc and I use a 2hp dust collector. It seems to work pretty good. A friend gave me most of the pipe which is why I went 4". But I hear 5 or 6" is a better way to go. Oh, and the only thing good I can say about Detroit is, it's a nice place to be from!  ;D  

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

UNCLEBUCK

I tell my fiance that my favorite thing in detroit is going L Georges restaurant, :D . I like your shop WoodChucker , been reading all about p.v.c. ducting so I had to ask about your sawdust stuff . I hope you come up with the sawshed you hope for sawman , I put a shed roof style on mine 16 feet wide so if I ever need to expand I can do another shed roof but am planning a cheap homemade solar kiln on the south side of the shed roof , never had that in mind when I built it but you just never know until it gets used awhile . good luck with your project , show pictures when you get it up ok.
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

sawman

Still in the planning stages for now. Got lots of ideas just gotta get it all ironed out.
 Pics will come when we get it going.
 Nice site Woodchucker.
  Happy sawing everyone. :) :) :)
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Thank You Sponsors!